UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
frozen.jpg

Help, my Orbea's frozen! :D

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Is that snow?

Beautiful morning for it though. The full moon was setting into fog over the Severn estuary at dawn this morning. I keep meaning to have a camera about my person (but getting it out and using it would be another issue.)
  • Philcho
    Philcho Posts: 57
    You don't keep your bike inside? :shock:
  • Philcho wrote:
    You don't keep your bike inside? :shock:

Of course it's kept inside! What do you think I am, a monster? This is due to riding it. It's a mass of frost and sand from riding along Portobello prom this morning.
  • Philcho
    Philcho Posts: 57
    I see, well let's hope it defrosts before you have to go home on it :wink:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    edited January 2011
    What a FANTASTIC morning - these are the mornings you live for - great big moon over a snow-capped Ben Wyvis, following me through the forest. Sun rising directly opposite bathing the frost/snow covered fields in orange light. Cold but still, hardly any traffic (but cheery beeps from those I did pass), bit of wildlife (red squirrel in particular) - Just forking superb! Even scalped a guy on a road bike on my MTB (and I never normally see another bike)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    What a FANTASTIC morning - these are the mornings you live for)

Same deal on the Devon-Somerset borders the last couple of days. As the thread title says, brass monkey-ish but the compensation is fantastic bright skies
  • Yep - definitely a bit brassers out there this morning, -7C in the leafy suburbs at 6.30am. Freezing fog in Glasgow, so any parts of self/bike not warmed by body heat looked like they had been heavily dusted with icing sugar. Trouble is it melts as soon you get inside and, hey presto! instant soaked psychlist. Lurvely :evil:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Oh, and must've got water/sh1te into my gear cables as the rear mech didn't want to play today - 3 gears all the way, only the front derailleur wanted to shift. Hope it melts by hometime as it's seriously cramping my style!
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Frosty cold in Edinburgh too, I'd guess at about -4 or 5. I managed to lose my long-fingered gloves somewhere yesterday evening, so had to wear my track mitts.... owowow....
    Unwashed (but well-lubricated) fixed thing, jeans, DMs - FCN 7(?)
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    was in the minus on the commute into Sunderland & back today. When its cold as it was today I always struggle on my commute, get tired very easy, was hard work today
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    -7 on the way in this morning. My rear derailleurs froze :shock: I had two gears for the entire journey
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter