The Tour in 3D

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2011 in Pro race
[If you want to tell us you have a CRT TV and it's fine, or you don't believe in technology and it were all better when the world was in black and white, don't bother]

So, Nintendo 3DS launch yesterday and I noticed this little gem

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/n ... o-3ds.html

Eurosport ..... And I know part of the Tour was filmed in 3D last year, so perhaps we'll be seeing 3D cycling content sooner rather than later.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd freakin' love to see the tour in 3D! I'd love to see it in real life too but that one's not going to happen unless it comes to Holmes Chapel one day.

Please Eurosport, make it so :(
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Even though it would give me a headache after a while, I'd love to watch it in 3D. For now, I'd just be happy if the Giro was in HD.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Not all the cycling has been in full HD so far - I'm thinking 3D will be a good way off if they bother at all ? When is the tour of California this year ? That was excellent in HD.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, they need to get the Giro in HD. Defo.

Would love to see all the Giro scenery in HD, would also love to watch the climbs/sprints in 3D :)
  • all this hd and 3d stuff is great for those that can afford it
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • Anonymous
    cyclingtaz wrote:
    all this hd and 3d stuff is great for those that can afford it

It is.

So is a meal at a Michelin Starred restaurant. And a Ferrari. And a holiday on Necker Island.

Because some people can't afford something does that mean it shouldn't exist?
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    cyclingtaz wrote:
    all this hd and 3d stuff is great for those that can afford it

It is.

So is a meal at a Michelin Starred restaurant. And a Ferrari. And a holiday on Necker Island.

Because some people can't afford something does that mean it shouldn't exist?

i agree with you think its about time things were made a bit more affordable and society was a lot less materialistic
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    its like everything else it will come down in price very soon just like DVD players, then HDD recorders then bluray, LCD TV's ..... then HDTV

3D will become the mainstream eventually like everything else until its superseded by the next thing