General classification after Stage 3
1 Matt Goss (AUS) HTC-Highroad

Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    edited January 2011
    Cav finished 12 minutes down with two other guys and is now last overall. Wonder if he just decided to take it easy for the last say 20-30km or whether he was off the back earlier?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The new kid for Rabo is doing very well. Two wins already this year. The orange owners must be quite happy with that signing for now.

And he even has time to roll over hands off the bars:

http://twitpic.com/3rmmy9
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Getty
    e2502d9a3b9f705c03f8e609a973d1ed-getty-cycling-aus.jpg
    9a5af892e538557c276bf53c17c7a412-getty-cycling-aus.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Btw, Lance, who so many people love and who thought he was in good form is well back in the rankings. Some people have no idea.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Armstrong +3:11 down.. Perhaps he is clean this week :wink:

Thats the most unprepared celebration I have ever seen, brilliant!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,533
    Last km anyone?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Re: Cavendish, managed to catch up with him post stage.

He was suffering stomach cramps for the last third of stage due to the painkillers he was on due to his injuries yesterday.

He was in good spirits this morning, all things considered, but was mighty peeved off post stage today [and rightly so]. The police had opened the road, and Cav and 2 other riders did the last couple of km's dodging non Tour cars and spectators.

From a local's perspective, he hasn't got anywhere near as much attention as his name warrants - in fact, he has hardly be spoken off, aside from the whole "Cav vs Greipel" rivalry.

I'm not a fan of Cav, but the way he has conducted himself this week has help me warm to him (as if he would care anyway! :D)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,533
    Yeah - not particularly a Cav fan but he certainly does have some balls and grit, especially when it comes to riding home injured.

His 2010 M-SR ride was notable for that. I don't remember him whinging about his crashes either.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Yeah - not particularly a Cav fan but he certainly does have some balls and grit, especially when it comes to riding home injured.

His 2010 M-SR ride was notable for that. I don't remember him whinging about his crashes either.

True, I was also impressed with his Commonwealth Games ride last year. That impressed me as much as any if his wins over last couple of years.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069

Well apparently it was gravel that caused the falls yesterday.... :wink:

I don't think January is his lucky month....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Btw, Lance, who so many people love and who thought he was in good form is well back in the rankings. Some people have no idea.

I'm not really a "Lance lover", but I don't hate him. I've just watched this mornings stage and confirmed what I knew all along, FF has no idea. :lol: