Leckhampton Hill trails

dirty face
dirty face Posts: 139
edited March 2011 in Routes
Hello everyone, firstly I'm new to this forum, and to mountain biking. My background tho is MX Enduro, so I'm no stranger to riding off road, although i've discovered that without an engine its a different game altogether.

Anyway, a friend and I rode to Crickly Hill today, it was awesome, but I didn't realise that we had bypassed some awesome trails on leckhampton hill. The question is, how do you get to the trails / jumps from the B4070 (Leckhampton Hill road)?
If you don't fall off you're not trying hard enough!

Comments

• is anybody there???? need to know how to get to the leckhapton trails from the main rod????
  • Dirty face,
    you need to be looking for Daisy Bank road.
    if you're heading up the leckhampton road from cheltenham it'll be on your left (right if you're heading from crickley hill of course!).
    Once you get to daisy bank road, head up to the carpark on the right,
    straight through there you should see how to get into the woods.
    There's a steep bridleway that runs up the middle of the wood,
    a few of the trails head off from there, but there's trails all over them woods,
    need to do more exploring up there myself!
    Also, give Cranham and standish woods a try.
    Hope this helps.
  • thanks, i've been looking on google maps and i know where daisy bank road is so now it should be easy to find the trails...thanks again. i'm off to cleeve hill sunday too, been there once before, just started getting into mountain biking so starting to look out for local rides etc...
  • dirty face
    just thought i'd add an update to my original post. found the leckhampton trails, and i think i've now got the hang of the DH routes (except the large jumps) and i must say it's fantastic there! especially on my new hardtail, very bumpy now that its dried out there.

also discovered cranham woods too....the shrine, racetrack and the wall.....more awesome trails!

now just need to find out where to start from when i go to dursley as i've heard its good there too, and north nibley....where are the starting points for these???
  • dirty face
    DarrenH wrote:
    Dirty face,
    you need to be looking for Daisy Bank road.
    if you're heading up the leckhampton road from cheltenham it'll be on your left (right if you're heading from crickley hill of course!).
    Once you get to daisy bank road, head up to the carpark on the right,
    straight through there you should see how to get into the woods.
    There's a steep bridleway that runs up the middle of the wood,
    a few of the trails head off from there, but there's trails all over them woods,
    need to do more exploring up there myself!
    Also, give Cranham and standish woods a try.
    Hope this helps.

thanks, i now ride leckhampton and cranham regularly...great spots!