Coed y Brenin condition

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited January 2011 in Routes
Hi, thinking of going over here on saturday, fair bit of a drive from Stoke, so any advice on current conditions would be much appreciated :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's always worth going. But, even in tip top condition, most of the trails are rocky and rutty as hell - so when they're worn you hardly notice :lol:
  • DodgeT
    Did penmachno last year and llandegla a couple of weeks back and both were good in their own right. Going by the route descripotions for C d B, i'm guessing their more challenging than the other two?
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    genrally, yes.

more rocks is the main thing you'll notice..if you are happy over the rocky bit right by the trail centre/car park you should be fine with all of it

if you dont like that maybe stick to the easier graded stuff.

we think that is what its purpose is....a sort of taster.
  • DodgeT
    Sounds good, did the black etc. at llandegla which wouldn't really class as black, so am looking forward to it already :D
  • Clark3y
    Clark3y Posts: 129
    rocky is right! I pinch flatted my rear twice and ended up walking my wounded bike in the dark when I went. I'll be back soon enough but with more spare tubes and more pressure.
    Loved it there though, mountain biking in the true sense of the word, in fact I can't wait to get back there with the new upgrades on my bike, Llandegla first though.

I was shocked at how quiet it was at Coedy though, a Sunday afternoon in September and we only saw one other rider all day, and not many at all in the carpark.
  • Ian P
    Ian P Posts: 36
    We were there Sunday 9th Jan and had an excellent time. Its one of the most weather proof trails around, drainage is generally very good with what water there is tendiing lie in pools or run down in streams and trail is surface is very well armoured / rocky so there should be no problems at all at the moment.

The cafe in the forest is still running (though its up for sale) and does great soup and cake for a mid way stop on the Beast or Dragons Back. Have fun.