New Computer

reformer
reformer Posts: 38
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Need to replace my computer after minor incident today. Need only basic functions but would like wireless type. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Have a look at the Cateye range,i have the Micro Wireless one,has 12 functions all for just over £30:00.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Dirk1978
    Dirk1978 Posts: 148
    I have the Cateye Strada Double Wireless. Excellent computer and easy to set up.
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Another vote for the Cateye Strada - I have the single wireless one (without cadence). Has a good display and can navigate the menu with one integral button. The only downside IMO is it can be a little fiddly to disconnect from its bar fitting, and you also need to ensure that it is properly seated in the bar fitting - I lost one through not having it properly seated, and it nearly happened again with its replacement.
  • scazzer
    scazzer Posts: 254
    Hi
    hope you dont mind me jumping on your post rather than set another up :wink:

has any1 any experiance of these http://www.veloset.co.uk/Bike-Computers/Veloset-VS-212A-12-Function-Wireless-Bike-Computer-Heart-Monitor-Belt/prod_11.html ?

cheers
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Philby wrote:
    Another vote for the Cateye Strada - I have the single wireless one (without cadence). Has a good display and can navigate the menu with one integral button. The only downside IMO is it can be a little fiddly to disconnect from its bar fitting, and you also need to ensure that it is properly seated in the bar fitting - I lost one through not having it properly seated

+1 - even down to losing it once, luckily i noticed and found it half a mile back
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange