Hello!

Roastie
Roastie Posts: 1,968
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi All, It has been a long time. Having a slightly reminiscent moment sitting at my old desk that I sat in when I worked just outside London and having the time to take a peek at the forum.

Haven't been commuting for ages now :(. Far too much time spent driving to sites so cycling hasn't been on the cards at all. Sucks.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Uncanny! I was just thinking "I wonder where Roastie's got to" earlier today.

Just today, I hasten to add - I haven't been pining for you or anything weird.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Wotcha.

Driving? Boo, hiss. Stone him. Eck-cet-era :wink:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Roastie
    Gimme a break, my "commute" is now something around 160 miles each way!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Roastie wrote:

Doable distance if management don't mind you arriving late and leaving early :wink:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    ...........how's the Ti baby growing up? Last we spoke you were on the cusp of making it a reality (I'm still interested).
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    *INR
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Roastie
    SimonAH wrote:
    ...........how's the Ti baby growing up? Last we spoke you were on the cusp of making it a reality (I'm still interested).
    The last few months have been very difficult for both me and my partner so things kinda stalled. :( And the exchange rate hasn't helped because the cost of manufacture has gone through the roof. Based on the advice from a guy involved in another new bike brand, I've started to look into other manufacturing options to get things off the ground. It is frustrating, but we're still at trying to make it happen.
  • Nice to hear from you fella. You have PM. :)
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Roastie wrote:
    :lol:

I was just looking at an old thread about batteries, on which you had posted, and it occurred to me that you'd gone a bit quiet lately. Nothing more sinister.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hello, stranger! :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Roastie wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    The last few months have been very difficult for both me and my partner so things kinda stalled. :( And the exchange rate hasn't helped because the cost of manufacture has gone through the roof. Based on the advice from a guy involved in another new bike brand, I've started to look into other manufacturing options to get things off the ground. It is frustrating, but we're still at trying to make it happen.

Aha, I'd been wondering what had happened to that. I'm thinking of upgrading from the Boardman to something more cycling specific in the next few months (i.e. next cycle2work round!) and something like the Ti or even a steel and carbon one was on the agenda.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Roastie
    cjcp wrote:
    Hello, stranger! :)
    :)
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    Gussio wrote:
    Roastie wrote:

Doable distance if management don't mind you arriving late and leaving early :wink:

Yeah or you can always drive part way in say 60 miles or so and get a quick 100 in on the bike :lol:

Welcome back
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)