Phil and Paul on the TDU (Non Spoiler)

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Commentary from the chaps..

Phil – Good morning everyone, and welcome to stage 2 of the 2011 Tour Down Under. I’m Phil Time and I’m joined, as always, by my co-commentator Paul Shergar. We’re coming to you today from the pretty little town of Mawson Lakes; I’m not sure why as the stage actually starts in Tailem Bend….
Paul – That’s right, Phil. And before we start, can I just say, Lance Armstrong.
Phil – Thanks, Paul. Yes, Mawson Lakes is an old mining town with considerable history. Some of the buildings date back to the mid 1950’s, though it’s hard to believe. It’s named after a local legend, Bill Mawson, who was a petty criminal and sometime mayor of the town….

Paul – Anyway, on with the race. We’ve been assured that the course has been cleared of most of the snakes, crocodiles and beavers, and the riders rolled out an hour or so ago from the controlled zone. Luckily, we’ve not yet had any plagues of rats, mice or locusts, sandstorms or floods on the route.

Phil – That’s right, Paul. This truly is God’s own laboratory out here.

Paul – It’s now time for me to give a bit of local colour, and because Australia was only found in 1948 there’s no old castles and stuff for me to talk about. However, I am told that if you look carefully near the location of the second Jayco Sprint of the day, you can see a rock, behind which Rolf Harris first kissed a girl.

Phil – That’s right, Paul. Truly amazing. Other than that, I understand it’s just loads of vineyards and stuff.

Paul – That’s right, Phil. Back to the race, which of course features the Radio Shack team of one Lance Armstrong. You know, Phil, Lance is now 40 years old and is still competing at the top level in what is probably the hardest stage race in the world. I find it truly amazing that a man of his age can actually still ride a bike, let alone win stage after stage….

Phil – I’m not sure he’s won a sta….

Paul – That’s right, Phil. Truly incredible. He actually smiled at me as he came out of the team bus yesterday….(continues for quite some time…)

:wink:
Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Funny, but not enough product placement. You could've at least mentioned the Powerade Hydration Station!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Rubbish, not one mention of Lance's amazing off road skills or the fact that he beat cancer... :D

Points for getting the word beaver in their though, didn't know Australia was known for them!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    What about other dramatis personae such as "Big" Jens Voit/George Hincapie?

I'd also like to see confirmation that Julian Deans was in fact New Zealand National Road Racing Champ
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Great stuff - gotta love the professional sport of bicycle racing.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Great stuff - gotta love the professional sport of bicycle racing.

Surely you mean "the sport of professional bicycle racing" :wink:
  • dbb
    dbb Posts: 323
    Rubbish, not one mention of Lance's amazing off road skills or the fact that he beat cancer... :D

Points for getting the word beaver in their though, didn't know Australia was known for them!

:)
    i can confirm that there are actually beavers in Adelaide.

i saw them in the zoo!
    regards,
    dbb