Flandis retires

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Landis retires and SI get cold feet - related?
  • iainf72
    Depends if you have enough tinfoil at home to make a hat. If you do, the yes, of course. If not, no.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    :lol:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    It's coming out tomorrow.

So it *was* post-Christmas after all.

Bonus points for the first tinfoil-hatted loon to find a link between Lance, Livestrong, big Pharma and pro-vaxxers.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A long time coming. He seemed to enjoy that stage race in New Zealand.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I would have bet he'd still have been very good without drugs and given a full pro tour season or two to find his race legs again. It is sad how it's gone. A limited confession would maybe have enabled that? I guess Floyd knows the Novitsky probe has shut down or moved onto non LA material
  • iainf72
    I doubt Floyd has any special information on what Jeff is up to.

There is no chance Floyd could've ever come back properly. Too much baggage and too much embarrassment for the brass. I see he's being refered to as "disgraced cyclist" in some of the news feeds. I don't think he's got much to be disgraced about now.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Cheerio and don't slam the door please.
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:

There is no chance Floyd could've ever come back properly. Too much baggage and too much embarrassment for the brass. I see he's being refered to as "disgraced cyclist" in some of the news feeds. I don't think he's got much to be disgraced about now.

Well, there is that outfit he wore to the Tour of California last year.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

If you stop cycling you get a pair of moobs really quickly.

He was just being sensible.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

If you stop cycling you get a pair of moobs really quickly.

He was just being sensible.

I take it this is from experience Ian? ;)
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:

its unfair. Have mixed feelings re his spitting in the soup..but he leaves the sport with more credibility than any of them, Hope he rebuilds his life some other way. TylerH must wonder
  • iainf72
    Tyler is writing a book I believe.

So that'll be fun.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Guys a fruitcake and won't be missed.
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:

So that'll be fun.

IOC will have that gold off him regardless of statute of limitations . I can't see him confessing but hope for him he does..without burning the house down
  • rick_chasey
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So that'll be fun.

IOC will have that gold off him regardless of statute of limitations . I can't see him confessing but hope for him he does..without burning the house down

Why not burn the house down?
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:
    IOC will have that gold off him regardless of statute of limitations and a few of his big wins in 2004 would go. I can't see him confessing but hope for him he does..without burning the house down

I'd guess he's already told Jeff. 2 big names from the USPS days have backed up Floyds claims allegedly.
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So that'll be fun.

cause a lot of innocents
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    IOC will have that gold off him regardless of statute of limitations and a few of his big wins in 2004 would go. I can't see him confessing but hope for him he does..without burning the house down

I'd guess he's already told Jeff. 2 big names from the USPS days have backed up Floyds claims allegedly.

Big names? I'd love to know who. Big George? He's got no wins to lose really. Heras?
  • rick_chasey
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So that'll be fun.

cause a lot of innocents

Can't see how in this instance anyone mentioned by Tyler would be innocent? Who would be harmed who would be innocent?
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:

Big names? I'd love to know who. Big George? He's got no wins to lose really. Heras?

Americans. So we know Hamilton was quizzed for a long time. But no one knows who else really.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Guys a fruitcake and won't be missed.
    Really?
    I'm betting you were happy he was around USPS, especially in 2004.
    Don't blame him for your man's mistakes.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Americans. So we know Hamilton was quizzed for a long time. But no one knows who else really.

Zabriskie. He seemed not very upset at landis and didn't deny.
  • I'll miss Landis, I think he was a genuinely talented rider and probably a very nice guy who got caught up in a world he didn't know how to handle.

It seem's he's had people pulling him one way or the other his full career, coming from his background it can't have been easy.

I believe what he's saying now and i'm sure the lies weren't easy for him to live.

I think Landis has been spit up and chewed out by the worst aspects of cycling, I just hope he can move on and live a happy life.

I hope what Landis has said does lead to some changes in cycling, I know Landis didn't go about things the right was and there are plenty of others who "spat in the soup" but i don't believe any of them (Kimage, Miller etc) would have had anywhere near the pressure that Landis did, From the press, Armstrong and his legal army and all the US-Armstrong fans.
  • dave_1
    edited January 2011
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So that'll be fun.

cause a lot of innocents

Can't see how in this instance anyone mentioned by Tyler would be innocent? Who would be harmed who would be innocent?

no but when the shit hits the fan and sponsors run....and the guys who haven't vaguest connection to USPS/LA are screwed too. Back to their club teams for a few season...sponsor walked
  • rick_chasey
    How many people with red hair do well in cycling?

Mmm?
  • DaveyL wrote:

Bonus points for the first tinfoil-hatted loon to find a link between Lance, Livestrong, big Pharma and pro-vaxxers.

Sterilized Illustrated:
    http://twitter.com/nyvelocity
    Lance's legions seem to have been able to amend the first amendment.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242

Mmm?

err.... well two that come to mind straight away that's Jan Ullrich and Sean Kelly :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Mmm?

err.... well two that come to mind straight away that's Jan Ullrich and Sean Kelly :lol:

Is Kelly red?!

No way!

rbx84-kelly2.jpg
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL wrote:

Sterilized Illustrated:
    http://twitter.com/nyvelocity
    Lance's legions seem to have been able to amend the first amendment.

Phew. His reputation emerges unscathed then.

Er. Except for the last 12 months. Er, 2 years. Er. Etc.

The tinfoil hat brigade really are hilarious when they get going. First it was coming out at Christmas. Then it was between Christmas and New Year. Then it was to be nicely timed for the TdU, smiley smiley wink wink. Now it might not be the hatchet job they hoped for (I mean, come on, what can be said about him now that sinks his rep any lower?) so ithere are conspiracy theories about how it's been watered down. Superb.
    Le Blaireau (1)