1. Matt GOSS - HTC-HIGHROAD
2. Andre GREIPEL - OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO
3. Robbie McEWEN - TEAM RADIOSHACK

Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Cracking sprint from Goss. Went from miles out!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    Anybody know what happened to Cav ? Seems the sprint was led out for Goss by HTC. Mildly amusing to see HTC's new no. 2 sprinter beating Greipel if only for what Greipel said he was going to do !
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    robert-sb wrote:
    Anybody know what happened to Cav ? Seems the sprint was led out for Goss by HTC. Mildly amusing to see HTC's new no. 2 sprinter beating Greipel if only for what Greipel said he was going to do !

Crashed.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Hard to read too much into the results, except Greipel finishes second again.
  • gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208
    Does anybody know for any streams, preferably in English?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Getty
    b430795a72da39c74b0a3d5bfbeca358-getty-107939029md012_2011_tour_do.jpg
    6b276e20706a35edc2481760295541c3-getty-cycling-aus.jpg
    199dbff7d5ee79b3b08d519429670af3-getty-cycling-aus.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Just as a little aside - I was thinking to myself "hmmm, will Goss be the next Greipel?"

Then I remembered he was Australian and so probably has better form than the rest of the peleton combined.

In short, you can't tell a thing about anything from the TDU.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    You can tell who's in good form at the moment.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    When did Lou Reed sign for the Shack? Smart move - it will have brought down the average by at least 3 years.

199dbff7d5ee79b3b08d519429670af3-getty-cycling-aus.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    DaveyL wrote:
    You can tell who has any form whatsover at the moment.

Corrected.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL wrote:

Corrected.

So you can tell something from the race after all. Whaddayaknow.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • rick_chasey
    DaveyL wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Corrected.

So you can tell something from the race after all. Whaddayaknow.

Because form in January is a great indication for what happens in March and beyond. :roll:
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Great to see a race *SPOILER* alert again, feels like an age since we had one of those posted :D Good win by Goss.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Well yeah, but Goss and Sutton and the like are all going to back on team duty in March and beyond, so this is their big chance for the year. We find out who's in form in March in March.
  • DaveyL
    Because form in January is a great indication for what happens in March and beyond. :roll:

Who said it was? You can tell something from this race - you can tell who's going well now. Just like the races in March tell you who's going well in March. Etc.

I'm not sure what else you are expecting of all this. Some people are on good form, some people aren't. If we only watch the races where every rider turns up with their A game we'll be limited to a few weeks in July. Are we gonna p*ss all over Tirreno-Adriatico because some riders are using it as a warm-up for M-SR? Etc.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    DaveyL wrote:

Who said it was? You can tell something from this race - you can tell who's going well now. Just like the races in March tell you who's going well in March. Etc.

I'm not sure what else you are expecting of all this. Some people are on good form, some people aren't. If we only watch the races where every rider turns up with their A game we'll be limited to a few weeks in July. Are we gonna p*ss all over Tirreno-Adriatico because some riders are using it as a warm-up for M-SR? Etc.

Don't even get me started on Paris-Nice, what a waste of time that is!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    DaveyL wrote:

On the contrary, Tirreno gives a great idea as to who's going well and who isn't for M-SR. No-one minds the boring stages because they still give you a little insight. It was clear last year Boonen was in better form than usual for M-SR, and everyone was enoying Freire's psycological games. Cancellara when he won M-SR before that. Etc etc.

People care about winning Tirreno in its own right as well. It all helps paint an interesting picture.

Even with a race like Het Volk, we can speculate as to who peaked too early (Flecha) and who was in for a rough classics season (Nuyens/Devolder)

TDU is just boring stages.

Anyway, I'll stop bashing the TDU. I'm mainly doing it becaue I'm bored and want the season to start.
  • DaveyL
    It's a young race. Give it a few years and you'll be able to slot it into some sort of post-colonial narrative...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • rick_chasey
    DaveyL wrote:
    It's a young race. Give it a few years and you'll be able to slot it into some sort of post-colonial narrative...

Woah, put the handbag down!
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Guys riding their bikes in the sun amid nice scenery, some local riders and unknowns get off the front for a spin and there's a bit of a decent sprint at the end. It's professional bike racing, what's not to like???
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL wrote:

Woah, put the handbag down!

I thought about putting a smiley at the end of that. :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • rick_chasey
    I'm just being midly facetious for the sake of an argument.

I wonder how many people just watch the last KM though.

Is this actually Armstrong's last race?

If so, anyone know why this particular one?
  • inkyfingers

Is this actually Armstrong's last race?

If so, anyone know why this particular one?

I believe he's going to race more in the US, and do Iron Mans apparently. Personally I thick he ought to just quit while he's this far behind.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    DaveyL wrote:

You kidding right? You only need to read the previous winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%E2%80%93Nice#Winners) to understand that this race is in the top ranks. The winners going way back contain cycling's greatest riders. It is a serious race for serious riders who race hard. In fact it is probably the 4th most important stage race in the calendar after the 3 GTs. It is a wonderful race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    DaveyL wrote:

You kidding right? You only need to read the previous winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%E2%80%93Nice#Winners) to understand that this race is in the top ranks. The winners going way back contain cycling's greatest riders. It is a serious race for serious riders who race hard. In fact it is probably the 4th most important stage race in the calendar after the 3 GTs. It is a wonderful race.

Calm down FF...it was a joke furthering the point that DaveyL was making about TA!

I don't need to resort to Wikipedia to remind myself the sorts of riders that have won PN, any race which The Great Alberto has won must be pretty amazing right... :wink:
  • That Matt Goss has come along way since his days in Bros. When will I will I be famous?
  • http://img.lequipe.fr/Medias/Cyclisme/2 ... endish.jpg

Looks like Cavendish was in one of those kinds of crashes that just seems to stun one more than anything else, if no one published this photo yet. Ouch! I wouldn't want that to happen up in the eyes area.