How far do you commute?

2»

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    12 each way SE London into the west end, on a good day when I am fully fit allowing for lights etc takes about 45 mins
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    6.5 -7 miles depending if I fancy getting in the way of cars or avoiding pedestrians.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    Current commute: 5 and half miles each way.

Longest commute: 23 and a half miles each way.
  • 3.5 miles each way and a mile walk through site on the safe routes - sadly bikes are not allowed on site and i am not using the free flubus.

did a few bigger ones when i had to attend head office but that was 2 miles then train then 4 miles and the return was 4 miles, train, 10 miles due to the vagaries of the train services. if it had been summer i may well have ridden home all the way from rickmansworth to leytonstone. but in the winter I decided that was a ride too far.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    17 miles each way but when I first started I was doing 23 each way (different location, not that I was getting lost).

I started out alternating cycling and PT (cycle in the morning PT home and vice versa) and then moved on to cycling both ways on Mon, Wed and Fri, and then Mon, Tue, Thur Fri.

I don't think I got up to doing five days a week before I left to go to a new job.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    exactly the same as you. Takes me 2hrs each way and that is solely down to getting out of the city.

I dont do it very often as it is just too far.
  • Asprilla wrote:
    17 miles each way but when I first started I was doing 23 each way (different location, not that I was getting lost).

I chuckled! :D
  • edb999
    edb999 Posts: 44
    mines is possibly the worst!!!

a mind boggling 1.5miles.

i usually leave an hour early and go for a wee spin then head in though :)

To my usual office, mine isnt even that far!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    20 miles each way, did it for about 18 months pretty much daily save for a couple of months when my daughter was born, but it knackered me and now i'm sticking to the train until the clocks go forward. I'll see how I get on then.

It's definately do able, but over the winter it can get you down, especially if your route is bad. All of mine are heavy traffic A roads, not much fun but better than driving by a long way.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    14 each way.

Not sure what my limit would be, it's a breeze in good weather but on a day like yesterday, or when it's partcularly windy, I don't think I'd want to go much above this distance.