Richmond (N Yorks) Sportive - 28th May

hugo15
hugo15 Posts: 1,101
Entries for the Richmond Sportives have opened today

https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?e ... ent_id=476

Choice of 50, 80 or 100 mile rides. Great feed stops and excellent organisation by Richmond Cycling Club. All for the bargain price of £15.

I've entered the 5 Dale 100. Determined to get round this year after bailing out and doing the 80 last year.

Anyone else going to ride?

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Don't think I'll be doing it, but the Richmond is a great sportive (I did the 5 Dales last year). The route is great and the organisation and feedstops are spot on.
    More problems but still living....
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    I can't make it this year but it was my favourite event last year - great route, excellent food stops, friendly team of organisers/helpers - plus, outstanding value!
  • Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    I will be entering as it is my favourite sportive. Also wimped out of going up Fleet Moss and Park Rash last year, so will be doing the longer route as well.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • Excellent news putting my entry in now.
    This was by far the best Sportive I did last year, even though the weather was pants. Epic course (5 Dales), brilliant organisation, great food stops, friendly people, hot meal on return, live timing up on a big screen.....all for £15. I urge anyone thinking of doing this to enter now, you won't regret it. And if you can't manage Fleet Moss and Park Rash...you can do the shorter routes.
  • steve36
    steve36 Posts: 93
    3 dale 50 again for me,+1 for better weather.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Yep, I'll be going in again as it's a great value Sportive. Had to just do the 3 Dale last year as I felt crap and was nearly 50 minutes behind my schedule :cry:

I'll go for the 4 Dales, but I believe I can change at the last minute for the 5 Dale if I feel good and strong....yes I'm afraid of Park Rash :lol:

One thing I noticed last year though, parking seemed a bit hit and miss at HQ.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • leedsmjh
    leedsmjh Posts: 196
    Read so many good reports of this I've signed up for 5-Dale

I've stuck the frankly intimidating profile up on the wall next to my computer to scare me into training, though fully expect to walk up Park Rash
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    I've just signed up for....the 5 Dales. Now the big question is stick with road cleats or go for SPD for carrying the bike up Park Rash :wink:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i intend to sign up, this will by my hardest training ride pre marmotte before i start to taper off. i did colomba in late 2008 which was only 65miles but was in bits for most of the last 20miles
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago