My first commute :)

laughingontheinside
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
First commute today. Traded two cars in on Saturday for one new one so now I'm on the bike(wife uses the car). It's seven years since I last rode to work regularly and I had forgotten how enjoyable it can be. Even met a new cycling buddy on the way home who tortured me with the pace he set. Not to worry, I'll be as fit as he is.....................eventually. Roll on tomorrow morning :D

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Hurrah! Even in the rain it's good :)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    First commute today. Traded two cars in on Saturday for one new one so now I'm on the bike(wife uses the car). It's seven years since I last rode to work regularly and I had forgotten how enjoyable it can be. Even met a new cycling buddy on the way home who tortured me with the pace he set. Not to worry, I'll be as fit as he is.....................eventually. Roll on tomorrow morning :D

Route?
    Bike?

FCN? :wink:

Welcome back.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • It's a nice 5 mile each way route around the lanes of North Staffordshire/South Cheshire. Or an even nicer route along the old railway line. Which ever route I take I'm riding a Genesis Day One
    Picture924-vi.jpg
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Excellent! As dhope said, welcome back!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    That's a lovely looking bike!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Nice looking bike :)
    Specialized Langster
    Specialized Enduro Expert
    Specialized Rockhopper

This season I will be mainly riding a Specialized
  • DesWeller/Langster thanks for your comments. I was lucky enough to spot it in the January sales at Royles in Wilmslow. At £374 I just couldn't resist :D
  • Congratulations and welcome back! You do realise that you will want to spend lots of money on shiny, new bikey things from now on, though, don't you? This time next year you will be spending your kids' university funds on a beautiful, new Enigma just because it looks so pretty and will shave four seconds off your commute :wink:
  • Nice ride!
    And don't forget, rain miles count double.
    Welcome in.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Lovely choice of bike, they are really great fun.
  • How do you get the rear wheel off without removing the mudguard?
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Welcome to the revolution brother 8) . Well done.
  • Chapeau!

Why two rear mudguards? :wink: