Finally ordered my new bike!!

gearsbentandbroken
gearsbentandbroken Posts: 27
edited January 2011 in MTB general
That's it...I've finally done it.

After months and months of researching and deliberating I have gone for this bad boy!!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... tId_781611

The deal seams too good to miss. £319.99!

What do you think?
Got my new Carrera Vengeance Ultimate 11. Mint.

Comments

• fearnsy
    fearnsy Posts: 278
    Got one, if you want to know anything about it, don't hesitate to ask :)
    Trek 930 singletrack 06-08
    Pinnacle Peak 2.0 08-10
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate 11-
  • Cheers guys, picking it up tomorrow.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't worry about him. Two posts in two and a half years. Probably come back in a few more and be a moron again.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about him. Two posts in two and a half years. Probably come back in a few more and be a moron again.

Should you not be worried more about a 3-post guy posting a Halfords Carerra in a bike-enthusiast forum, therefore eliciting argumentative responses : aka: trolling?
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Should you not be worried more about a 3-post guy posting a Halfords Carerra in a bike-enthusiast forum, therefore eliciting argumentative responses : aka: trolling?

Nothin wrong with carrera's, very good bikes for the money and more than worthy of bein mentioned on here.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    OP doesn't seem like trolling at all
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Seems to me 'sup3rc0w' is the troll not the OP who seems rightly pleased with his new bike.
  • Talking of, that Carrera is a bargain for £320, damned decent spec for the money!
  • cooldad
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Who's arguing with him? Excellent bike for that sort of money. Only one who's coming across as a **** is you.

ps I have a very old Carerra roadie. Reynolds 531 steel, decent components, rides like a dream. When I posted it on Retrobike I got plenty of good replies, no one called me a troll, and if they are not bike snobs, no one is.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I had a Carerra Subway - which did the job of getting me to work and back, but I don't expect to go and post about it and get positive comments on any road cycling forum.
  • welshkev
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    I had a Carerra Subway - which did the job of getting me to work and back, but I don't expect to go and post about it and get positive comments on any road cycling forum.

but the bike the OP is on about is a perfectly good beginners bike. everyone starts somewhere, everyone here has been positive apart from you.

we all bow down to your expert bike knowledge and the 'serious' bikes that you possess
  • I didn't realise that this forum was only for people spending 4 figures on bikes,

Sorry to have bothered you with my exitement.

Thanks to most of you though!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    cracking value buy, you should love it.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Ignore supercow, I can think of something else beginning with a 'C' that he's super at being :wink:

They're great bikes for the money, enjoy it! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sorry I'm a bike snob.. I hate it :p
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Great spec for the money, a really smart buy. I reckon you'll love every minute. Enjoy
  • cooldad
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    I had a Carerra Subway - which did the job of getting me to work and back, but I don't expect to go and post about it and get positive comments on any road cycling forum.
    This isn't a road cycling forum - see MTB - Google it if you're not sure what it means. We ride for fun.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    This isn't a road cycling forum - see MTB - Google it if you're not sure what it means. We ride for fun.

I'm aware this is an MTB forum - Google "analogy" and come to terms with the English language.
  • welshkev
    sup3rc0w wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    sup3rc0w wrote:

I'm aware this is an MTB forum - Google "analogy" and come to terms with the English language.

but a carrera subway isn't a road bike so it's not an analogy :?

where as what the OP has bought IS a mountain bike
  • where as what the OP has bought IS a mountain bike[/quote]

...And a damn fine looking one too!

In the process of adding all sorts of bits to it, need some advice though on what I need really, I could do with some bar ends. I have also seen some kind of sleeve that goes around the frame by the gears...what is this for?
  • welshkev
    you mean one of these?

fr707y00jumbo.jpg

if it is, wait until next months MBUK they're giving 1 away free :D

it's to protect your frame from the chain when you're going down bumpy stuff :lol:
  • Yes Welshkev, one of those bad boys!
    Thanks for the advice, I'll get on when the next mag comes out then.

Whats the riding like in Wales? thinking of booking a little trip!

Where is a decent place to get bike bits from, i.e backpack/side bars etc?
  • welshkev
    wales has some of the best riding in the UK, but i'm welsh so i would say that :lol:

try any of the trail centres and you'll have a good time. check out:

http://mbwales.com/

for parts the best is to shop around really.

merlin cycles, chain reaction cycles, wiggle, just to mention some online retailers :D
  • I have one of these and its great.
    I got it for harsh winter riding on cold, muddy trails in the Nov-Feb period.

I also have 2 Specialized: an FSR and 08 Rockhopper hard tail and a 07 Scott Scale 60 up at my brother's in Worcestershire.

So, some may say its pants, but I know its not and I have some quite good and reasonably high street cred bikes (though nothing awesome).
    In fact a few people (inc one fit blonde girl) have said the Carrera is a really cool bike and no one said that about the Rockhopper or the Scott Scale...

Just had to put new pedals on it though, left one was grating and creaking, got white Wellgo v12 copies.
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    The link doesn't work for me :( Does it work ok for everyone else? It just takes me to the Halfords main page.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • The link is broken now because they have completely sold out of this limited edition one-off model and its been removed from the site.

The more basic model Vengeance Race is still for sale, cheaper, but slightly worse forks and gears.