Tour Down Under TV coverage

trtimothy
trtimothy Posts: 117
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any decent TV coverage...sprinting sounds like its gonna be epic and can't find it on eurosport or really on sky!!

Cheers

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sky Sports 2 : 18:30 from Wednesday onwards

http://www.skysports.com/video/tv_guide ... 3,,00.html
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Sky Sports 2 : 18:30 from Wednesday onwards

http://www.skysports.com/video/tv_guide ... 3,,00.html

He asked for decent coverage :wink:

(Answer: no.)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:

You can't polish a turd.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    Fair point.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pfft.

It's barely racing.

It's like the pulling in the nightclub bit. You're not even fondling in the cab at this point, let alone actually doing the bad thing at your place.
  • afx237vi
    Not even when they tackle the fearsome OLD WILLUNGA HILL?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Pfft.

It's barely racing.

It's like the pulling in the nightclub bit. You're not even fondling in the cab at this point, let alone actually doing the bad thing at your place.

As true as this maybe you still want a fix as you haven't had it for a while.

As long as the filly puts in a half hearted performance and you get your rocks off everyone's a winner.
  • rick_chasey
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Pfft.

It's barely racing.

As true as this maybe you still want a fix as you haven't had it for a while.

As long as the filly puts in a half hearted performance and you get your rocks off everyone's a winner.

Haha. I have standards.

Not into the unseasonably tanned.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pfft.

It's barely racing.

If you think it's a 'bad thing', then you're doing it wrong. :)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yea get on sky where you cant watch the awesome "Andrew" Griepel according to Liggett???
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pfft.

It's barely racing.

If you think it's a 'bad thing', then you're doing it wrong. :)

Depends what you're doing doesn't it? :twisted:

Either way, it's still better than the TdU
  • rick_chasey
    Yea get on sky where you cant watch the awesome "Andrew" Griepel according to Liggett???

It's incase the p!ssed football viewer who has a passing interest in drugs gets him confused with the very similar "Andy" Schleck.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    afx237vi wrote:
    Not even when they tackle the fearsome OLD WILLUNGA HILL?

Is that teh fearsome climb that the renowned climber Andrew Greipel didn't get dropped on last year? :lol:
  • iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

You can't polish a turd.

Yeah but you can roll it in glitter
  • errbud
    errbud Posts: 17
    I know its only the Tdu but I hope this is not a sign of things to come where sky are covering races and eurosport are not. I have always been happy that Eurosport cover nearly all the races and it costs an extra £1 a month on my bill. I'm really not up for paying for the full skysports package to cover nobhead footballers outrageous wages in order to watch cycling ...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    errbud wrote:
    I know its only the Tdu but I hope this is not a sign of things to come where sky are covering races and eurosport are not. I have always been happy that Eurosport cover nearly all the races and it costs an extra £1 a month on my bill. I'm really not up for paying for the full skysports package to cover nobhead footballers outrageous wages in order to watch cycling ...

Unlikely. The TdU has been on Sky for several years now. Since 2006 at least, probably earlier.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • errbud
    errbud Posts: 17
    RichN95 wrote:
    errbud wrote:

Unlikely. The TdU has been on Sky for several years now. Since 2006 at leas t, probably earlier.

Fair point, you've put my mind at rest ! I'm probably a bit paraniod just usually when sky get involved in something it means one thing more money for them paid by the punter
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Personally, i'm just glad to have any racing to watch. Yes, I know there's been cyclo cross and track but road racing is my real passion.

Hopefully we will see a couple of successful breakaways and get a winner other than Griepel...it has happened before in the TDU. Looks like Cav is there to get some miles in his legs (and lose some weight) so we may have to wait for the much talked about sprinting showdown.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Personally, i'm just glad to have any racing to watch. Yes, I know there's been cyclo cross and track but road racing is my real passion.

Hopefully we will see a couple of successful breakaways and get a winner other than Griepel...it has happened before in the TDU. Looks like Cav is there to get some miles in his legs (and lose some weight) so we may have to wait for the much talked about sprinting showdown.

Mark (Jan Ullrich) Cavendish eh :roll:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Mark (Jan Ullrich) Cavendish eh :roll:

Not quite. Might have just been an unflattering shot on the sky website but he does look lardy (for a cyclist). Not that it matters though, so long as he's lean and mean for MSR etc etc. In Fignon's book he describes how Hinault would turn up to the first training camps really out of shape and struggle, then two months later would be riding everyone else off his wheel.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)