Bike light stuck together...

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Hello :D

After a bit of a comedy dismount (over the handlebars that is...) on Wednesday night, I seem to have bashed my bike light and now can't take it apart. It's an Exposure Maxx D and it's the two 'quick-release' parts that are stuck together. That is, the wedge shaped part that screws onto the bottom of the light unit is stuck in the receptor on the bike bracket. Usually you just pull down the screw and the two slide apart.

I have taken the bracket off my bike, and can unscrew the wedge shaped bit from the light, but I still can't seperate the two parts. Any idea on how I can do this? I can only assume they got whacked together when I came off. WD40?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    plus gas is a better quaity penetrating oil, then a hacksaw.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Danny-T
    Danny-T Posts: 129
    Sounds like you might have crushed/dented the pin in the tumble. I have the same light, will take a look later and see where it could get stuck. Some penetrating oil might help, if not you might need to drill it out :S

Be careful if it comes down to brute force or tools that any damage is done to the bracket and not the light. Think I might have a spare bracket if needed as I believe I got one with my joystick which I only use on my lid.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Cheers guys :D

I will try and sort tonight, ready to ride tomorrow night!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc