Not Happy with New Fit .

2»

Comments

• Thanks -

I'm 5' 9" with 32'' inseam - or 174cms / 81 cm in new money .

Yep I can lower the seat - but this brings the seat - handlebar level - again its a very upright position .

I'm 173cm tall with an 81.5cm inseam, I have a Trek Madone 5.2 in 54cm and would not want to go any bigger.

Being the performance model I'll be fitting a -17 degree stem to get the front end lower for racing this season.

Even though it's not a Cervelo you are looking at, try using the stack and reach method to distinguish the real differences in the 56cm & 54cm.

I had a pro bike fit done in March last year, I think a visit to see Adrian Timmis at Cadence Sport is possibly the best £100 you will ever spend......
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,865
    Regarding fit, I'm amazed how much difference a 0.5cm change in seat height or saddle fore-aft positioning makes to the comfort. When I put a new Romin saddle on the CAAD9, I took the measurements from the Super Six. On the first ride the bike felt way too big (a 56 frame, and I'm 6'), but moving the saddle 0.5cm forward it again felt spot on. I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me that such a small movement would make such a big change in comfort.
  • Regarding fit, I'm amazed how much difference a 0.5cm change in seat height or saddle fore-aft positioning makes to the comfort. When I put a new Romin saddle on the CAAD9, I took the measurements from the Super Six. On the first ride the bike felt way too big (a 56 frame, and I'm 6'), but moving the saddle 0.5cm forward it again felt spot on. I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me that such a small movement would make such a big change in comfort.

So then, why should I believe you?

:lol::lol:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,865
    1stGenRex wrote:
    Don't.

Then try it out yourself, and you'll be able to write a post starting "I didn't believe it when I read that a 0.5cm change in saddle fore/aft adjustment could make such a big difference..."
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Pics? Lets see (exactly) what the bike is set up like the now. Before you go back to remonstrate.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • 1stGenRex wrote:
    Don't.

Then try it out yourself, and you'll be able to write a post starting "I didn't believe it when I read that a 0.5cm change in saddle fore/aft adjustment could make such a big difference..."

:lol:

nicely played, good Sir...nicely played.