FAO: Superstar Components

ali$tair
ali$tair Posts: 373
edited January 2011 in MTB general
I've emailed your site twice, once just before X-mas and one after but I havent had a reply.

I've seen you on here a couple of times and was just wondering if you could tell me when you are getting your grips back in stock, particulary the ones with blue lock rings and bar ends?

Thanks
Trek Fuel EX 8 (2010)

Comments

• Perhaps they should send you an extra back of Haribo to make up for not replying :lol:
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Or you could just phone them.
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    im glad its not just me they're ignoring :lol:

as for phoning, theres only so many times you can listen to a phone ring out before you just cant be bothered anymore.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Am thinking they are a little busy at the moment.

Stick with them, great company.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    cavegiant wrote:
    Am thinking they are a little busy at the moment.

Stick with them, great company.

absolutely, i still use them, and will continue to. their ability to process, pick, pack and send orders out is incredible, its just a little annoying when you want to find something out and they dont respond. but i think cheap brake pads and free haribo more that make up for that. :lol:
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    They were at London Bike Show this weekend (got some nice new grips).

Maybe they are busy unpacking?
  • The chap I was talking to on the stand seemed to think that the pretty lock rings had either just arrived in or were due any day now.

BTW - I bought one of their pro chain tools for a tenner, what a great bit of kit.
    Trek Top Fuel 9 2010, Stumpy Pro 2009 ,Giant XTC3 2009, Qu-ax Penny Farthing,
    Elswick Hopper Model M delivery Bike 1960

God Shave The Queen!
  • Their great guys, had an order go through but things were out of stock and wished to have my cash back. After an email on 20th December and a follow up email in beginning of Jan, I never heard back.

Sent a PM on here, and they got it sorted quickly. In the end, no hard feelings at all, and they stock some good stuff.
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    Eyon wrote:

Good point, lets see how they compare to CRC - I made an order for some headset spacers with both companies this morning so I will see who delivers 1st.

Having major problems with CRC at the moment - ordered a helmet and got shoes instead, stuff not being sent out for 4 days after ordering and definitely not the 24hr service they promised when they messed up (so no new helmet for the weekend).
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Sorry but they were too busy wrapping up a parcel of shiny anodised goodies to send to me to bother with your enquiry. :lol:

Ordered a i900 dropper seatpost at 01.00 friday morning whilst drunk as a skunk and it arrived plus a bag of Haribo this morning.

I love shiny things.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I have been a bit slow to jump on the superstar wagon but put my first order in this weekend, some white lock on collars, red carbon headset spacers and a Steerer and Bar Cutting Guide Tool.

Had an email that they are in the post this morning.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    stubs wrote:
    Sorry but they were too busy wrapping up a parcel of shiny anodised goodies to send to me to bother with your enquiry. :lol:

Ordered a i900 dropper seatpost at 01.00 friday morning whilst drunk as a skunk and it arrived plus a bag of Haribo this morning.

I love shiny things.

next time you get drunk can you order me one? :D

just got a £5 voucher from CRC as an apology which is nice of them.

I think we are quite lucky to have stores like SS, Wiggle, CRC - all do try hard and have good sales discounts. Had great service from Absolute Cycles recently too. XTR cable kit arrived next day for £19.
  • stubs
    scale20 wrote:
    I have been a bit slow to jump on the superstar wagon but put my first order in this weekend, some white lock on collars, red carbon headset spacers and a Steerer and Bar Cutting Guide Tool.

I have the superstar cutting guide. When I got mine the slot to put your hacksaw blade in was too wide and I couldnt get a straight cut on a practice piece of pipe. Then I noticed there is a shim behind the front plate. Undo the 2 allen bolts remove shim replace plate and you have a slot just right for a normal hacksaw blade.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    Andy! wrote:

My drunken ordering doesnt always work out. Once recieved a parcel of 100 sets of brake pads :lol:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    stubs wrote:
    scale20 wrote:

I have the superstar cutting guide. When I got mine the slot to put your hacksaw blade in was too wide and I couldnt get a straight cut on a practice piece of pipe. Then I noticed there is a shim behind the front plate. Undo the 2 allen bolts remove shim replace plate and you have a slot just right for a normal hacksaw blade.

Cheers for the tip. :)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • starkee
    starkee Posts: 143
    Andy! wrote:
    Eyon wrote:

Good point, lets see how they compare to CRC - I made an order for some headset spacers with both companies this morning so I will see who delivers 1st.

Having major problems with CRC at the moment - ordered a helmet and got shoes instead, stuff not being sent out for 4 days after ordering and definitely not the 24hr service they promised when they messed up (so no new helmet for the weekend).

They have definatley been slower than normal on the last couple of orders i have placed. The last one i had confirmation on the 9th jan of despatch and it arrived today.... usually would be with me within two days of despatch !
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    stubs wrote:
    Andy! wrote:

My drunken ordering doesnt always work out. Once recieved a parcel of 100 sets of brake pads :lol:
    :D
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • ali$tair
    ali$tair Posts: 373
    I'm not complaining about their dispatch times. On both of the two occassions that I have ordered from them in the past couple of weeks I have had the item within 48 hours (with haribo).

It's just that I need to buy more stuff, and i'm sick of checking the site every day.

An estimated availibility date would make things a little better.
    Trek Fuel EX 8 (2010)
  • if SUPERSTAR COMPONENTS do read this thread, please can we have pics of your bike frames?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    stubs wrote:

I ordered 2 mmmbops from CRC once, that was a bit embarassing.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Hello grips and lockrings, coloured spokes, pedals, QRs, chainguides plus loads more will be arriving this week sometime. Just stuck in customs waiting to get processed and released.

We apolagise for any delays this last couple of weeks. We have had about double the normal orders and a few technical issues with our server. Plus half of us were at the London bike show.

We are working through the backlogs as fast as we can, but for fastest service please email us as we work late to clear these. Please do not leave multiple messages or emails as this will not speed up service. We work in date order and multiple messages just wastes time we could spend on helping people and packing stuff.

Any probs drop me a mail, Neil
  • RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    Looking forward to the coloured spokes :D
  • Hello grips and lockrings, coloured spokes, pedals, QRs, chainguides plus loads more will be arriving this week sometime. Just stuck in customs waiting to get processed and released.

This is what I wanted to hear :) thanks you

This is what I wanted to hear :) thanks you
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Can you make it Friday they come into stock please, when I get paid
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp