Your most epic ride

hammy7272
hammy7272 Posts: 236
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Hi,

I was out today in the wilderness and thought 'I have a long way to go home, wouldn't it be great to pull a tent out, a stove, and bed down for the night. Then carry on the next day.'

As a relatively new rider I am interested to hear about your most epic rides/camping experiences along with the highs and the lows etc.

Thanks

Comments

• last year we did the trans pennine trail both ways. 430 miles in 9 days.
    this year we are doing mull to hull 450 miles in 8 days.

http://www.bobs-bikes.co.uk/news/index_1.html

this is the write up.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    bobs bikes wrote:
    last year we did the trans pennine trail both ways. 430 miles in 9 days.
    this year we are doing mull to hull 450 miles in 8 days.

http://www.bobs-bikes.co.uk/news/index_1.html

this is the write up.

Oooh Bob. I want to do the TransPennine complete. I'll navigate to your write up.

I'm hoping to the a 200M coast to coast this May over 5 days. Otherwise as epic as I've done are a few 100km one day enduro events. Damn fine fun for the first 20km.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Glasgow to Durness via Arran, Oban, Barra, Uists, Skye and Torridon and Ullapool planned for the summer.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Did the South Downs Way a couple of times. Once over 2 days and once in a day which was tiring to say the least.

Did the Gap road in Brecon for the first time in early October. Had some great weather for it and was on my new ride too after giving it some tlc- 2007 Giant Anthem X1 (first full susser after 15 years riding). That was one I'd like to do again. The Beast in Welsh Wales is also on the cards for this May. Would like to do the Trans Pennine too at some point as above. Might have to read your write up now BB
    2011 Giant Anthem X1
    2008 Gary Fisher HKEK

"I can resist anything except temptation"