first ride since knee opp

honcho67
honcho67 Posts: 12
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
first ride today since knee opp in november,knee was fine weather bad legs awful.
20 miles onwards and upwards.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Good stuff. Being injured (which seems to be a recurring feature for me) is a real pain in the asre and it really does feel great to go out and spin around. I managed to do some proper hill climbing today for the first time since the start of November, blinking windy up on top of Exmoor but I was grinning from ear to ear (either that or gurning).

Just make sure you don't overdo it too quickly (which I always do, btw :) )
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Welcome back, isn't it great? Take it steady and try to ride about two cogs lower than before. Better to spin-out than to hurt your knees by grinding. It does come back but patience is the key.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • welll done, i have just recovered from a knee op too . went out today and felt reallly good. :)
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Honch and Tim, what knee ops have you had chaps ?
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • cartilage opp, usual keyhole surgery.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    I had one the week before Christmas too - must be knee-op season! :D

Planning on getting back in the saddle next week once i've done a bit more walking on it - still a bit stiff, hopefully it'll be fine by then.

J
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I didn't have a knee op but yesterday was my first ride since November (snow, ice and the sniffles conspired against me for 6 weeks). It it makes you feel any better, my legs were horrible too!
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Nuggs wrote:
    it makes you feel any better
    It certainly does!

I've been stuck indoors for a couple of weeks with bad back and cold, just getting out on the bike makes you feel much better.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • same as cartlidge,19th november had the opp was in real pain before feel great now!!! :)