Few of my Carrera Vulcan

bwfc4eva868
bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Not the best shots as the light was shit and in all honesty i couldn't be arsed to get a Tripod and play with the settings :lol:

DecemberJanuary201011006.jpg

DecemberJanuary201011008.jpg

DecemberJanuary201011007.jpg

DecemberJanuary201011009.jpg

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice, decent bikes these. I started riding on an older version of one of these (cable-pull discs, crap). They're good for the cash and a good platform for upgrading, have fun with her!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Mine was the V brake version, so new wheels and Hydraulic disc brakes on it. Don't know if i should get new forks or start building a Hardcore Hardtail now.
  • ilovedirt
    Ah nice, I didn't think those brakes were stock.
    What wheels are they?
    New fork would be the next logical upgrade, IMO, apart from maybe cockpit. I find they're rarely set up how you like them straight from the shop. What sort of riding do you do?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Just Shimano deore brakes. And wheel is a Shimano mt05 front and Mavic XM317 with SLX centre lock hub! Would like the same wheel for the front to match.

Riding mainl trail centres, with more emphasis on the downhills than climbing! I hate climbs :lol:
  • I love my drops and berms :)
  • ilovedirt
    Nice :) Upgrade the fork to something like 140mm with u-turn and eventually upgrade the frame maybe?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • A Rockshock Tora of some sort would do! i have a 100mm fork so far and it seems ok, just the rebound is very clunky, so fancy something a bit more more controllled.
  • Mr OCD
    Mr OCD Posts: 382
    You need a tora 318 Marc in your life...Like so...
    mtb2.jpg

Lol :)
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • ilovedirt
    Yeah, i've had a couple of sets of toras, they're great forks for the money.

My current GT:

p4pb5499210.jpg

My old vulcan:

pbpic3282814.jpg

:)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I fancy putting a Chain device on like yours and taking it for some Hardcore riding. I love the way it Handles. What chain device is that? Love them SLX cranks.
  • nice bike mate and have fun upgrading. I think 140mm forks would be a little ott and would invalidate the warranty. I think the frame is only warrantied for upto 120mm forks.
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    I love my drops and berms :)

Agreed they are the best bits (: And steep decents give a thrill too ;) Hully Gully at Gisburn Forest is good (: And deffo not 140mm forks the frame wont take them. I have a WIP Carrera Vengeance 2010 ltd disc spec with some 120mm zocchi 44 rlo's on. They suite really well. But these bikes aint designed for 140mm's :P Would probs rip the head tube. Another guy bought some bombers at 140mm with the same frame and looked a bit dodgy but was fine when he changed his frame over :) Carreras are good bikes to play with and experiment with whilst upgrading. http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#16277959 Take a look at mine :D you wanna be looking at the later pics tho as the first few are stock :)
  • ilovedirt
    nice bike mate and have fun upgrading. I think 140mm forks would be a little ott and would invalidate the warranty. I think the frame is only warrantied for upto 120mm forks.
    I said 140mm u-turn with the view that he can run them around 100-120mm and then wind them out when he buys a longer travel frame.
    I fancy putting a Chain device on like yours and taking it for some Hardcore riding. I love the way it Handles. What chain device is that? Love them SLX cranks.
    Yeah it's pretty handy on the downs, but it can be a bit of a slog on the uphill. It's a superstar laser chain guide, they're reduced from £35 to £26 at the moment, so if you want one, get it now!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    nice bike mate and have fun upgrading. I think 140mm forks would be a little ott and would invalidate the warranty. I think the frame is only warrantied for upto 120mm forks.
    I said 140mm u-turn with the view that he can run them around 100-120mm and then wind them out when he buys a longer travel frame.!
    soz mate, missed that bit
  • May have to have a look at one. What Tora am i best with then? The 318?
  • Mr OCD
    Mr OCD Posts: 382
    May have to have a look at one. What Tora am i best with then? The 318?

If your forks are 100mm mate the 318's maybe too much travel for your frame as they are 135mm forks... Not entirely sure though!
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • ilovedirt
    Mr OCD wrote:
    May have to have a look at one. What Tora am i best with then? The 318?

If your forks are 100mm mate the 318's maybe too much travel for your frame as they are 135mm forks... Not entirely sure though!
    The 302 coil u-turn should be good.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Can only se the 2011 302's for sale now. What aout SL Coils, £94 at JE James.