Felt F1 SL

tremayne
tremayne Posts: 378
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
Not quite finished - though admittedly it's just bar tape and setting up left. Always found tape a bit scary but I'm sure I'll manage! (will be Fizik - per the saddle)

2010 Felt F1 SL courtesy Slipstream (Robbie Hunters from last year)
3T Carbon Team finishing kit - also ex R Hunter
Dura Ace groupset
Dura Ace wheelset
Vittoria diamante pro light clinchers

Looks v. nice - but that is of course just the owner talking. Overall I'm very happy and hope to get it finished off very soon. Shame Slipstream have ditched Felt for 2011 but then again, I doubt I'd be in possession if it weren't the case.

TJ

TJ%20Felt%20F11.jpg

Comments

• glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    nice.
    Embed the images on the site once you have more.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    That looks really smart. 8)

Can I ask what inner tubes you use? Those look nice and snug. I've just taken delivery of a set of the same wheels and have 80mm Contis in and they're too long and rattle like a bad'un.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    It does look very nice! Are the handlebars really that shallow drop, or is that the angle of the camera?
  • My mate was told his F1 came from Robbie Hunter as well.
  • Nice, I have a 2009 team bike, rides like a dream, just dont throw it down hill full pelt straight away they are uber flighty get used to it first then have fun!!! The riders in the team do get several bikes, so its a good posiblity more than one person has one of robbie hunters, ive got one of brads old ones....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • tremayne
    Cheers guys. Will get a decent pic up once is finished.

Lagavulin - funny that as I went for 60mm contis but would have gone for longer if I could have. As it happens - they are spot on. I've popped a very small patch of black tape over each one (ie allowing the tip of the valve to pierce the middle point of the tape and then wiggling it all the way on) just in case there was to be some rattle - but I doubt it.

Zach - they are ergonova and were straight from slipstream. They have clearly had some quite heavy use but are fine. Good news is they were already marked in white permanent marker as to exactly where to position the STI's - guess to make it easier for the mechanics. Bonus for me also! But yes - very shallow.

Berk - you make it sound like Slipstream are just punting out bikes with dubious doubt as to whether they actually were used by the team riders etc. Bottom line is, the frame has very clearly been used by the team - which means it was someones. No offence to Robbie, but his wouldn't be one I would have chosen and at the point I was buying, it was either this one, one raced by Kreidler, or pay a huge premium for a Tyler frame. If all the frames that were 'out and about' were Farrar or the big names- then I'd start to have doubts.

Neil - good advice, thanks! I did see your F1 when I did a bit of a trawl on this site and others for inspiration. Wasn't sure what to go for but seeing yours along with some others helped make my mind up! Would have loved to have a brad bike - but of course 2009 was the last year on a Felt.

cheers guys!

- and if someone could spell out (very simply) what I would have to do to embed a picture, that would be great!
    :)
  • de rien
    de rien Posts: 84
    web.jpg

Right click on pic - click properties - highlight Address(url) but make sure 'jpg' shows at the end - go to Reply box and click on Img above Reply box - paste next to [img][/img]
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    tremayne wrote:
    Lagavulin - funny that as I went for 60mm contis but would have gone for longer if I could have. As it happens - they are spot on. I've popped a very small patch of black tape over each one (ie allowing the tip of the valve to pierce the middle point of the tape and then wiggling it all the way on) just in case there was to be some rattle - but I doubt it.
    Cheers. I only ordered a batch of 5 of the 80mm so I'll give the 60s a go next time.
    My next deepest rims are only 30mm (currently use 52mm in those) and so I don't want to have to buy numerous valve lengths if it can be avoided.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    +1 to a wrap of black insulation tape to deaden the chatter from the valves off the wheel fairings. Tis what I used to do when I had them hoops.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • tremayne
    edited January 2011
    Dreaded bar taping now undertaken. Hateful job! Perhaps now time to see what it's all about. Seems like a nice enough day for it!

da rien - thanks for posting a pic and also the advice. I've just tested the theory by posting a pic of my other bike and that seemed to work, so thanks!

Bikes20113.jpg

- and yes, I do own some pedals!!
  • Just one thing that is pretty important, I dont know if you noticed, it's on my bike. The lawyer lugs are shaved out of the front forks (helps quicker changes at races) just ensure that you have your front wheel in correctly or you could be in for a bloody big shock!!! have fun the F1 is a cracking bike!
  • tremayne
    Hi Neil.

Just checked and there certainly aren't any lugs. That said, I can't actually see any signs of them having been shaved or filed. It just looks as though there weren't any to start with? Take care I think is good advice! Thanks.
  • Gotta say that that's a lovely bike.

(Just the right size for me aswell :wink: )

Have fun....
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    Very nice
  • Mrs squill has an F4, never liked them until I saw it in the flesh, stunning frames!
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Think I have a new wallpaper, (if thats ok with you!!)
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • How you getting on with it, would mind swapping seatposts with you, I need a blue setback post!
  • tremayne
    Genuinely loving it. I don't have to make any excuses or provisos for the bike at all. Not one 'yeah - but it will be sorted when I .....' or ' it's great! If only could adjust the x y z'.
    In short, it works very very nicely and is actually quite a comfy bike to ride - much more so than my aluminium framed fixed gear boardman (which I rate - but it's a bit of a bone shaker!).

In summary, it looks nice (to me), weighs not vey much, is comfy, and seems to translate a good amount of my efforts into forward motion! Handling is precise but not skittish. It's definitely made me into a bit of a Felt fan. I'm sure that technically the new 2011 cervelo frames are superior to a 2010 f1 - and its not about looks, but (aside from Thors rainbow striped frame) I haven't been so impressed with slipstreams new bikes.

Negative on the post swap Neil! You have a red/black one? I know pbk had some slipstream parts but they all seem now to be gone :(
  • yea...nice wheels i like these bikes. The felt range in general F series and AR series are really nice bikes.
  • tremayne
    It was going to be a very nice AR2 from Wiggle (fab discount) but then I saw I could buy an F1 from Slipstream and although it wouldn't be pristine - I couldn't resist. Overall, I'm very glad I took the route I did.

I got some Garmin/Slipstream teamwear also - too scared to wear it !!
  • tremayne if you got it...wear it and enjoy it! We have nice weather and the kit isn't going to last forever so enjoy it do some long rides, rip peoples legs off and have fun!

And for the record i think team issue bike better then AR2 :)
  • Got a blue team issue Doric, looking for a blue setback post, hopefully one will appear, it's a great bike, so stable done several 90kmh desents no problem