Laundering Rapha trousers

newlevelsofawesome
newlevelsofawesome Posts: 17
edited January 2011 in Commuting general
Hi forum,

I just washed my rapha trousers for the first time at 30 degrees celsius. The care instructions say you can machine wash them at up to 40 degrees. The black dye has bled into the labels colouring them gray. Maybe this is normal. However, the annoying thing is that the white belt loop now looks dirty gray.

Has anyone else had this problem with these? Is this just an inevitable part of the lifecycle of these trousers?

Thanks,

awesome

edit - Not normal apparently. Rapha immediately offered a replacement when I asked if it was normal.

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    You've done it wrong. I successfully laundered Rapha trousers by buying some put options on them, transferring these to an assetless shell company in the Cayman islands before buying them back with Euro-denominated letters of credit.
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    i traded mine in for diamonds in west africa and bought a batch of M16`s. Now I own a small town in angola...
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Surely Rapha clothing needs to be washed using washing powder made from ground unicorn horn and water from the tears of the baby Jesus?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Rapha trousers???? why didn't you get one of the servants to wash them? :wink:
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    I would advise contacting Rapha directly
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    P_Tucker wrote:
    You've done it wrong. I successfully laundered Rapha trousers by buying some put options on them, transferring these to an assetless shell company in the Cayman islands before buying them back with Euro-denominated letters of credit.
    :lol::lol:

Seriously though folks check the temperature gauge on you washing machine and check things out with Rapha, their customer service is second to none and if there is a fault with the trouseres they will sort it for you I am sure.