Hope BB + GXP Adapter

asthenia_2004
asthenia_2004 Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Hey,

I've just fitted a Hope BB to my new MTB, with a SRAM X0 chainset.

I've fitted it exactly how it says to according to the Hope website, but have found that the adapters in the bearings won't spin with the bearing. they just sit there doing nothing.

Anyone else fitted the adapters and had the same situation?

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry but the adaptors should not spin.

the bearing does that.

when the crank is fitted it all moves ok?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Nick, the adaptor sits around the inner race. If it doesn't spin then how is the bearing meant to work? Or have you just upgraded your Hope BB to an expensive BB with a non-driveside bush?
  • nicklouse
    Nick, the adaptor sits around the inner race. If it doesn't spin then how is the bearing meant to work? Or have you just upgraded your Hope BB to an expensive BB with a non-driveside bush?

it sits in the race and becomes part of the bearing. it does not move relative to the inner race.
    but have found that the adapters in the bearings won't spin with the bearing. they just sit there doing nothing.
    sounds perfectly as it should be.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I thought that's what you meant Nick, it was just worded in a way that made it sound like it became a bush rather than a bearing
  • Well the cranks spin fine.. just seemed odd that it all went solid. Thanks for your help guys I feel better about riding it now!
  • nicklouse
    there is often quite some friction between the seals which when you are just holding the bearings can be off-putting. but it the cranks spin no probs.