Lee Quarry

ifindoubtflatout
ifindoubtflatout Posts: 132
edited January 2011 in Routes
Has anybody been up over the last week and what was it like.

Comments

• I was up there yesterday (with Steve Peat, Rowan Sorrell, Chris Akrigg and Richard Cuningham not often one gets the chance to say that!), generally conditions are pretty good a bit wet in places but the trails are pretty much all weather. It was raining too much yesterday to ride so we spent most of the morning in the new cafe which has opened up at the bottom of the hill just accross the road. Spent the afternoon planning out some new sections of trail with Rowan.

Its fine to ride at the moment just don't expect to come away with a clean bike. Also if you do go up test out our new link over the moors to Cragg Quarry. :D
  • Cheers for that. We was thinking of having a ride over to Cragg aswell.
  • Lee is pretty rutted now, was up there last week. Cragg is really holding up well in the bad weather and really like the link.....
  • Where is the start of the trail over to Cragg quarry and what sort of riding is over there?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    The start of the link is in the back right hand corner of Lee Quarry up on the terrace. There's a track leading off to left as you ride the red route.

Cragg is more flowing than Lee Quarry, think massive pump track. Some great berms and less rocks (or at least there were, don't know what effect the weather has had recently).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • How long does it take to cycle over to Cragg Quarry?
  • stumpyjon
    20mins, half an hour at most.

• stumpyjon
    20mins, half an hour at most.

• philRM
    philRM Posts: 15
    its very very muddy and hard work in lee quarry but cragg and the loop is fine
  • Had a riot up @ Lee quarry on sunday,it was wet but you only get wet once. :D

Just a word of warning theres pikies camping up where you park so watch what you leave in your car.
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Just a word of warning theres pikies camping up where you park so watch what you leave in your car.
    Wat do you tink we are,tieves. :lol:
  • Had a riot up @ Lee quarry on sunday,it was wet but you only get wet once. :D

They are there are quite often, you can drive further up the road of need be, there is a small layby I've parked in a few times near the bottom gate.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    TonyTawana wrote:
    I was up there yesterday (with Steve Peat, Rowan Sorrell, Chris Akrigg and Richard Cuningham not often one gets the chance to say that!), :D

sounds epic :D

i was wondering, how does rowan compare to steve peat? i see rowan riding quite often and he's friends with friends of mine (as he lives not too far from me) he always looks fast and smooth, but how was he compared to an ex world champ? :D