local routes needed - Derby

bertypreston
bertypreston Posts: 158
edited January 2011 in Routes
anyone got any good doorstep trails ?

Bored of cannock (plus its f*****d at the moment)

bored of Belper

can be bothered to drive to hope valley / edale etc , basically near(ish) to derby, fun, 3-4 hr ride.

Cheers in advance, Rob

Comments

• can be bothered to drive to hope valley / edale etc

Why not?!

Its the best riding in the area surely.... its not that far? I travel further most weekends to get there :o
  • re-hope, need to be home by 1pm-ish, otherwise i'd be there.
  • Have you tried the trails south of Derby around Ticknall ? a bunch of us do a night ride round there every Tuesday,there are miles of bridleways and forest trails around that area.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    there is some reasonable stuff around breadsell,morley,coxbench and little eaton,i have a 12/10 mile route there, not brilliant but considering its on my door step its ok,some road involved though but some good little bits that rival anything else anywhere ive been.not tried formark area yet though,have you been to shinning cliffe woods ?
  • oldguy - been round robin hood woods near john thompson pub a few times, i'd love to find out your routes round there as i live nearby (chellaston) do you ever go at the weekend ? tuesday nights are a bit dark at the moment.

Bamba - fwent to formark ats all public footpath as far as i can tell, re-breadsall/coxbench def not riden here , do you have a ma/link you could email me ?
  • Regarding route near/rouind Ticknall - try here;

http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailgu ... -midlands/

maybe of use/help
  • Berty, the routes on the Singletrack link are similar to the ones we use,riding at night means you can do a bit of off piste riding though,get your lights on and join us!