Sunline bar and stem
Hope/Mavic 321 wheels

IMAG0086.jpg

Comments

• Nice!
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Awesome, hows it ride compared to the Five.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Only done 1 ride on it, a quick lap of Gisburn Forest. First impressions are,

despite it being 5lbs heavier than the 5, it climbs surprisingly well, but the longer forks and slacker angles means it descends noticeably better, it just feels more steady and capable.

The plan is to save the 5 for all dayers and use the Blood for general messing about, but I've a feeling the 5 is going to have plenty of rest.
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    I'm hopefully moving to scotland soon, and i've had my eye on a blood for a while now. Keep updates on the thread see how you feel after a few rides :) and pics :P
  • Second ride out yesterday, just a 10 mile local loop, taking in a few stiff climbs, some techi single track and a couple of rocky descents.

I'm mighty impressed, nothing more to add than the above comments, just surprisingly able at climbing, but on the down-hills it really excels. The back end just feels a lot more alive than on my Five. I'll try and get out on a longer ride soon and see how it stacks up on an all dayer.

Planning on doing Snowdon in spring, I'm really looking forward to it now!
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    Only done 1 ride on it, a quick lap of Gisburn Forest.

Thats a good trail. I did it with my friend and his dad was good fun :) But tbh i rode dalby before that and i prefer dalby. Hully gully gave me a giggle tho :L
  • love the bike !!!! :D:wink:
  • Lovely looking bike, love the color!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Really like that, there are a lot of really nice bikes turning up on the forum at the moment.. it's making me hate my bike :cry::lol:
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Nice bike. Was on my shortlist, but went with remedy 8 in the end. Love that colour though.
  • UPDATE:

I'm still in love with this thing!

I was out for about 4 hours on it last night riding on trails I've done many times on my Orange 5.
    On techy single track, the Blood can hold its own and climbing isn't too bad but is slightly slower and turns need to be made wider due to the slacker head angle, on the downhills though, it just inspires me to push harder and harder, it feels like the rear travel is bottomless, which is odd as it's only 127mm! Over wet roots and rock gardens it feels indestructible!

However, the cable routing to the rear mech and rear brake are awful and when trying to change down gear, the SRAM X9 rear mech, does not seem powerful enough to pull the cable through the twists of the outer. I need to do some messing around here I think and see what I can alter to improve it.

I think 4 hours is about my limit in terms of ride length, by the end of last nights ride, I was starting to feel the weight of the bike and sorting of wishing I was on my 5 which is about 6lb lighter.
  • Thats stunning!!!

Really like the colours!
  • Mancunianfightingcat
    Mancunianfightingcat Posts: 2,054
    edited March 2011
  • good photography mate ! :wink::)
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i looked at the blood as a new frame . cant decide still
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i'm liking that.
    would look good with a green blackspire stinger :P
  • jay12 wrote:
    i'm liking that.

I'm thinking Lime green Superstar Plasma single ring chain device.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    jay12 wrote:
    i'm liking that.

I'm thinking Lime green Superstar Plasma single ring chain device.
    yes! single ring is the way to go
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Beautiful!!!
  • eurospek
    eurospek Posts: 28
    How are you liking the Float 36 R? Regret not going with the RLC model?
  • eurospek wrote:
    How are you liking the Float 36 R? Regret not going with the RLC model?

The bike was an ex demo so spec was what it was, the forks were brand new however. I've got talas rlc on my 5 and I never alter them, although I have got them set sweet. The floats are lovely and smooth and seem to be spot on for what I want, I suppose if I had more adjustments, they might be even better, but I'll never know. Wouldn't mind some Bos devilles though.....