Alicante

Swan-Neck
Swan-Neck Posts: 47
edited January 2011 in Amateur race
Im heading to alicante for a while in march for some training, about two weeks. just wondering if anyone who has been before liked it or what you thought of it for training?

Comments

• I haven't cycled it but I have family in Torrevieja which is very close by and it looked an amazing place to take the bike.

Enjoy :D
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way...

Ribble Gran Fondo
    Shimano 105
    CSN Superleggera XL50
    Speedplay X2
    Met SineThesis
    Sidi Ergo 2
    Garmin 705
  • My parents live south of Alicante. I think the city itself has mountains close by. My parents live in La marina Oasis and it is very flat and takes 2.5 hours to get to a mountain by bike. (like I said alicante has mountains closer) I found 2 routes into the hills and they flatten out to the plain. its great. much nicer than Englang right now
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Swan-neck, there is great riding in the Alicante area. All rides lead inland though. Head for the towns of Ibi, Tibi and Xixona. The Xorett de Cati climb as used in this years Vuelta is up this way.

You can also hit the Sierra Aitana hills inland of Benidorm which is where many pro teams have trained, look for the towns of Callosa den Serra, Parcent, Castel de Castells, Guadalest. In these hills the most famous climbs are the Puerto de Tudons (up near Confrides) or the Col de Rates (from Parcent). There is no flat land up here. A stage of this years vuelta took in this area and it was upndoon all day!

Stevie, I take the bike over to Torrevieja for training early every year. The hardest part is remembering your supposed to be training and staying off the booze :D