No internal controls at Leopard

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    [falls over in absolute shock]

Strava is not Zen.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Does anyone else do funny accents in their head when they read translated articles on Cyclingnews or is it just me?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    "The Leopard Trek team will not conduct any internal doping controls. Andreas Gösle, the head of the five team doctors, said that the riders are checked often enough by the International Cycling Union (UCI) with both doping controls and physical examinations."

Why does a cycling team that does that says the UCI do enough physical examinations need 5 doctors?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    dougzz wrote:
    "The Leopard Trek team will not conduct any internal doping controls. Andreas Gösle, the head of the five team doctors, said that the riders are checked often enough by the International Cycling Union (UCI) with both doping controls and physical examinations."

Why does a cycling team that does that says the UCI do enough physical examinations need 5 doctors?

to stop Frankie Leopard from being tempted to transfer hefty sums of money to Fuentes for what can fairly described as intent
  • There was a case a couple of years back in Australia of several players from a rugby league club who allegedly had group sex with a woman they picked up during a team trip.

The sex wasn't concensual and it turned into a major rape investigation.

One of the players famously refused to speak with the police on the basis that he had nothing to do with it, so he had no reason to speak with the investigators.

This reminds me of the same thing. If the team has nothing to do with doping, then there's no need to do any internal checks. Trust the riders to do the right thing and hopefully they will.

Regards,

Peter
  • dougzz wrote:

Yeah, a 5 doctor team with a chief for 20 odd riders?
    Sounds suspiciously like Freiburg on wheels to me.
    Still, at least they have the UCI seal of approval.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    dougzz wrote:
    "The Leopard Trek team will not conduct any
    Sounds suspiciously like Freiburg on wheels to me.

:lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    I wonder if they've got the motors fitted to Cancellara's bikes yet... ;) no need for drugs if they do that!
  • afx237vi
    Arkibal wrote:

OMG how self-important can you get! And who the hell pronounces Leopard - sorry, LEOPARD - as LAY-oh-pard.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    afx237vi wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:

OMG how self-important can you get! And who the hell pronounces Leopard - sorry, LEOPARD - as LAY-oh-pard.

Luxemburgers maybe? These shifty foreigners get up to all sorts with their pronunciations. Just look at Bob Roll.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    DaveyL wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Arkibal wrote:

Luxemburgers maybe? These shifty foreigners get up to all sorts with their pronunciations. Just look at Bob Roll.

In that case, shouldn't the team be called LÉOPARD TREK? Besides, I'm not sure Luxembourgers care that much considering the letter was from TREK.
  • With everyone shouting LEOPARD TREK,
    no wonder some wag has already nicknamed them DEF LEPPARD. :P

LAY-oh-pard =LEOTARD. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    its anagram is 'To Pedal Trek'

or if you prefer 'deal ... perk ... rot'
  • Garrigou
    Garrigou Posts: 145
    Perhaps the anagram we'll all be looking back on later is ALTERED PORK - eh, Alberto?
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    The life of a cynic must be a miserable one.!
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Karl2010 wrote:
    The life of a cycling fan must be a miserable one!

Fixed for you.
    Mañana
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    leoparD tREK
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    There was a case a couple of years back in Australia of several players from a rugby league club who allegedly had group sex with a woman they picked up during a team trip.

The sex wasn't concensual and it turned into a major rape investigation.

One of the players famously refused to speak with the police on the basis that he had nothing to do with it, so he had no reason to speak with the investigators.

This reminds me of the same thing. If the team has nothing to do with doping, then there's no need to do any internal checks. Trust the riders to do the right thing and hopefully they will.

Regards,

Peter

Wow, that's a very poor analogy. So it's the teams with internal controls that are doping then?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yeah, but as mentioned, expect they've got a resident gynaecologist? He'll be looking for some work elsewhere as expect Op Greyhound has make him persona non grate in Spain?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dulldave wrote:
    So it's the teams with internal controls that are doping then?

Some teams that are organising the riders doping will have internal controls, they just won't notify UCI, WADA, the national associations of the positive tests &/or will organise tests when they know the riders will be negative.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pfft, internal controls.

They're not necessary and they probably stop you winning.

Who needs that sh!t?

People who don't win, that's who.