frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2013 in Pro race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJKzWFGjr2c

Pops a couple of wheelies at the end
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Nice, I wouldn't mind a roller like that!!
  • Sonny73 wrote:
    Nice, I wouldn't mind a roller like that!!

+1
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Is it just me or do him and Sebastian Vettel look very similar?!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tom BB wrote:
    Is it just me or do him and Sebastian Vettel look very similar?!

Vettel always reminds me of Bernhard Kohl for some reason. And Nico Rosberg is Heinrich Haussler.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    That treadmill is usually used for cross country skiing training.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That's top, even does inclines!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Looking Cheeky
    edvald%20boasson%20hagen.jpg

Wheelies
    Edvald_Boasson_Ha_7077884x3.jpg

Drinking coffee:
    Rapha_Sky_EbH_2.jpg
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I miss the days when this guy was half-decent. Now he's just a diesel in the mountain train, a very average sprinter and he can't TT any more (based on last years results). :(

S'pose he's still young...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    I miss the days when this guy was half-decent. Now he's just a diesel in the mountain train, a very average sprinter and he can't TT any more (based on last years results). :(

He was 11th on the UCI rankings and 6th on the CQ Rankings last year. He's hardly the Norse Gerald Ciolek.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Are those Cosmics he's using? I thought they were supposed to be rubbish! :D
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    RichN95 wrote:
    EKIMIKE wrote:

He was 11th on the UCI rankings and 6th on the CQ Rankings last year. He's hardly the Norse Gerald Ciolek.

I think that says quite a bit about the Rankings system though! Or at least, quite a bit about how fans perceive performances.

EBH wins a lot, but just not stuff that a lot of fans care about...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    You're joking right? Alright, he didn't win a classic last year (which I guess was what the hope was), but he did sterling work for Wiggins all year and popped up with plenty of wins and places.

The year before, he won 2 great stages at the Tour and was pipped by Thor for one.

He isn't the new Merckx, but he's a pretty complete rider - if they get these World Tour races off the ground, he'd be a hot favourite.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Tough crowd indeed.

2nd at Worlds, one of the most dominant displays of the year at Plouay, and remarkably selfless work for Wiggins and Cav at the Tour. Most importantly he made big strides in terms of handling 260km+.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    He will win MSR this year.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    now let's move on to Tyler Farrar...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    He is behind expectations. But that goes to show you that you should only read what these people say in forums and in articles as entertainment, after all they are only opinions. As far as we were told in a couple of years he would be cleaning up everything.

Sagan is someone who the same could have been written about and yet he has showed much more. Moser is a class apart also. And there are a lot more promising youngsters out there.

Yes EBH is a great rider and wins a decent amount and can ride tempo as hard as you like in the mountains but he is yet to bag win after win of the very top races.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I wonder how he fits into the Sky thinking.

Is he the main man for the classics or is that Geraint Thomas now?

He'll hardly get much support in the Tour. Cav didn't and he's a far better bet in a sprint.

Too good a rider to be doing donkey work on the lower slopes?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    He is behind expectations. But that goes to show you that you should only read what these people say in forums and in articles as entertainment, after all they are only opinions. As far as we were told in a couple of years he would be cleaning up everything.

Sagan is someone who the same could have been written about and yet he has showed much more. Moser is a class apart also. And there are a lot more promising youngsters out there.

Yes EBH is a great rider and wins a decent amount and can ride tempo as hard as you like in the mountains but he is yet to bag win after win of the very top races.

Agreed.

Looking over his palmares 2009 (age 21) was a great year but he has failed to build on it.

Peter Sagan's 2011 is better and he has built on it year on year
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • "The Greatest Rider Since Merckx"

End of. :lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    NapoleonD wrote:
    He will win MSR this year.

I think this might happen.

Did Sky not make him ditch his coach last year?

I can see them resolving his issues over the distance and being in the mix this year.
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    smithy21 wrote:
    I can see them resolving his issues over the distance and being in the mix this year.
    EBHs main issue with long distances has been his stomach acting up, not his legs.

It might still be an issue, even if he did well in a couple of 240k+ races last year.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    samb01 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    EBHs main issue with long distances has been his stomach acting up, not his legs.

It might still be an issue, even if he did well in a couple of 240k+ races last year.

I think that was all part and parcel of him moving from his Norwegian coach to the Sky coaching set up last year, to sort that out. I'd say from his rides at Plouay and at the Worlds that it seems to have worked.
  • frenchfighter
    If Sky can work the magic on Froome and his illness and turn him into a GT contender as a result then I would expect Sky could work their magic on EBH's stomach.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    "The Greatest Rider Since Merckx"

End of. :lol:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6164193 ... rt-ebh-fan
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Two TdF stages and 2nd in the Worlds show he's obviously got the class.

Since he won Gent-Wevelgem the only single-day races he's won are Plouay, Vattenfall and Dutch Food Valley...
    His other victories have been second/third rate sprints. Just not very exciting really.

Hopefully that 2nd in the Worlds is a sign of change? Of course he's not the new Merckx but it would be nice to have another classic contender in the mix (instead of a second rate sprinter and super-domestique).
  • Richmond Racer
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Two TdF stages and 2nd in the Worlds show he's obviously got the class.

Since he won Gent-Wevelgem the only single-day races he's won are Plouay, Vattenfall and Dutch Food Valley...
    His other victories have been second/third rate sprints. Just not very exciting really.

Hopefully that 2nd in the Worlds is a sign of change? Of course he's not the new Merckx but it would be nice to have another classic contender in the mix (instead of a second rate sprinter and super-domestique).

*cough* also took stage in T-A last year when he beat Griepel and Sagan into 2nd and 3rd place, with Farrar and Goss 4th and 6th

Not bad for a 'second rate sprinter' eh? You're a tough judge, EKIMIKE!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Can we stop debating whether he's good or not and have more pictures of him doing things?

1251215550168-maecz1b26271-280-75.jpg
  • Edvald_Boasson_Hag_1579665c.jpg

EBH doing a teapot impersonation?
  • Richmond Racer
    Can we stop debating whether he's good or not and have more pictures of him doing things?

1251215550168-maecz1b26271-280-75.jpg

Fair shout. And look at Eddy being a player in that photo :shock: