Deleting posts

thebikechain
thebikechain Posts: 136
Is it common on here to have posts deleted? Are the mods always aggressive when you challenge them?

I posted a criticism of one yesterday when he was giving someone short shrift and using abbreviated swearing... my post disappeared.

Not a great show really. One rule for some and one for others?

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    And deleted in 3.. 2.. 1...

If anything, your query should be in the Crudcatcher, this isn't really a general MTB question.
  • You are right.

It was in this forum originally though hence i thought it might be sensible.
  • Are you worried about your post count or something?
  • Not at all. Just don't like double standards.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just one rule for you, and one for everyone else. Mods are (kiss, lick) wonderful, charming (lick) perfect (kiss kiss) people. I never have a problem.

ps It's an internet forum, not the supreme court.
    You should probably contact the mods first to find out the reason if it hassles you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I had the same problem. Posts or threads being deleted for no stated reason. I tried challenging it, but that got deleted.

Some of the mods are certianly over-zealous control freaks. I tend to reside on other forums after that particular episode.
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Same as above.....stuff being deleted for no reason, and no message sent.

Cetainly one of the most overly moderated forums ive ever used.
  • Not at all. Just don't like double standards.

Is your mommy forcing you to visit this Fourm? If not my suggestion is that you fark off and find another Forum
    I think this is more suited to whiners like you
  • Is your mommy forcing you to visit this Fourm? If not my suggestion is that you fark off and find another Forum

And this is another example why I don't tend to look on here much anymore.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    fanatic278 wrote:
    Is your mommy forcing you to visit this Fourm? If not my suggestion is that you fark off and find another Forum

And this is another example why I don't tend to look on here much anymore.

Ah, but there is a difference between over-zealous admins/mods and idiotic, confrontational twits...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    *AJ* wrote:
    Same as above.....stuff being deleted for no reason, and no message sent.

Cetainly one of the most overly moderated forums ive ever used.
    Overly moderated? You're kidding right?
    We've had threads run to dozens of pages of name calling, racist slurs, religious put-downs, personal insults and threats of physical violence.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Any forum that hasn't banned Yeehaa yet, is very slckly moderated.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    cooldad wrote:
    Whilst I'm amazed I haven't even been threatened with a ban at times, I think you're hero-worshipping me a little too much. I'm not sure if I'm finding it creepy, or a bit of a turn on.
    And besides, you creepy old fart, Even though you seem to try and respond to every single one of my posts, I don't think you've actually seen anything I've done that could be considered "close to the bone".
    Even though my presence here takes you close to a boner.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cooldad wrote:
    Whilst I'm amazed I haven't even been threatened with a ban at times, I think you're hero-worshipping me a little too much. I'm not sure if I'm finding it creepy, or a bit of a turn on.
    And besides, you creepy old fart, Even though you seem to try and respond to every single one of my posts, I don't think you've actually seen anything I've done that could be considered "close to the bone".

and that post proves that this forum isn't that closely modded :lol:
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

and that post proves that this forum isn't that closely modded :lol:
    I think your comment just shows how overly sensitive you are, if you find anything in there offensive.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Funnily enough the banter is what keeps me coming back to this forum. Tried others and although good for advice, my god they're boring.
  • welshkev
    i don''t really get offended. but it does have the potential to offened an easily offended person :lol:

but it probably offends the OP, but not the mods as it won't get deleted hence this isn't an overly modded forum
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    you haven't got a good moderating in you :p
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:
    i don''t really get offended.
    I'll easily offend you in a minute
  • welshkev
    you haven't got a good offending in you
  • The 'i love horses' music has just blasted out across the office, and into the classroom next door, pupils and other staff members now wondering what the f@rk i'm doing..... :oops:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • welshkev
    jonnyc2420 wrote:
    The 'i love horses' music has just blasted out across the office, and into the classroom next door, pupils and other staff members now wondering what the f@rk i'm doing..... :oops:

luckily i had my headphones in when i clicked it :lol:
  • I also like the banter on here - just don't take things too seriously. Nobody is forcing users to visit this particular forum - if you don't like it - you can go somewhere else :lol:
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I just clicked that link while sitting in my lecture... and yes the volume was turned up :oops: Funnily enough it happened minutes after the lecturer was talking about preferring small animals to horses :lol:
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:
    you haven't got a good offending in you
    I've offended more dinners than you've had hot people.
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:
    The 'i love horses' music has just blasted out across the office, and into the classroom next door, pupils and other staff members now wondering what the f@rk i'm doing..... :oops:

Mission accomplished, even if the "victims" were not the intended targets :¬)
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:

Mission accomplished, even if the "victims" were not the intended targets :¬)

lol
    Thank fully I had my Work PC on mute!!!
  • welshkev
    supersonic wrote:
    Hello!

and where the bloody hell of you guys been during all this? :wink::lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Hello!

and where the bloody hell of you guys been during all this? :wink::lol:

Watching AND waiting :twisted: