A24 to the A3 to London bridge, who rides it or part of it?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
If you ride on the A24 from Colliers Wood to Clapham common and then the A3 to London Brigde (or part of it), please do the following:

Say hi
What's your route/complete route?
What bike do you ride?
Have we met?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You're bored aren't you? :lol:
  • Ride that route 3-4 times a week.

Told you that Karen was Bubbish about 12 months ago, you said thanks.

Ride an old Raleigh no stckers and 5 gears - not fast.

Not formally met, just a quick and infrequent hello
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    (I don't know what bubbish means)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Mornin' Mr D.

Complete route: Carshalton => Mitcham => Figges Marsh => Tooting Broadway => Tooting Bec => Balham => Clapham South => Clapham Common turn off to head down North STreet and then Silverthorne Road => Queenstown Road => Chelsea Bridge => Embankment => Parliament Sq. => Embankment => Queen Street/north end of Southwark Bridge => Moorgate => Old Street Roundabout.

I'll almost always be on my old steel roadie (Giant Peloton in white), although very occasionally I'll be on the Dahon folder. Other distinguishing features: small navy blue Crumpler courier bag; white Spesh lid; facemask.

Never met yet, which considering we've been sharing part of the same route for at least the last few years is surprising.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Tooting Bec -> London Bridge -> Moorgate most mornings.
    Tend to take a longer route via Putney/Wimbledon on the way home this time of the year.

Riding grey/green Condor road bike.
    exercise.png
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Hi DDD,

We use same route, I try to say hi to as many people as possible so maybe, although most people look like they are mad and at some junctions I just want to catch my breath…

Some gear has changed recently but currently

18.5 Stone Fat Bloke on Spec Sirius Comp, Pewter is its official colour!
    Normally one offside Altura Pannier sometimes two
    Black and White Catlike Helmet
    Black and White BBB Jacket
    Black Red Gore Gloves
    Black Altura Shorts
    Black Tights
    Shimano Shoes

Into Town

Route 1

Start in Worcester Park ride off road from the top of Green Lane to Lower Morden Lane, Hill Cross Avenue to Morden then one of several ways to A24 To colliers wood. A24 all the way to A3, A3 to London Bridge, then Bank > Morgate > Old Street

Route 2 – Same as above to Clapham South, then across common, down Cedars Road onto Queenstown Road, Across River onto Embankment until Blackfriers > Farringdon Road until Smithfield Market > Charterhouse Street > Goswell Road > Old Street

Way back

Much the same but as off road bit at top of Green Lane is very off road and very dark at the moment putting in a few extra miles going the long way round.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    I join at either colliers wood, tooting or balham and leave at stockwell. i come from croydon and go to marylebone

I normally ride an orange Genesis day one with white mud guards. And use a carradice saddle bag.
    I sometimes ride a univega Via Strato Pro which is red and black.
    People normally recongnize my unique lights, a fibre flare on each seat stay, a bright 3w light and a blackburn mars 4.0. With my front lights being a 700 lumen light and a hope vision 1.

We've never met.