Rider Down - A3 near Clapham North

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
Not sure what happended but there was a car half out from a side turning and a cyclist down on the other side. He looked out cold when I went by sometime between 8 and 8.15. Plenty of people stopped including several cyclists and a motorbike and people were clearly on the phone to an ambulance so I didn't stop. I then saw ambulance going past a couple of minutes later. Any one know if the rider is ok?
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I came past around 8.30, the guy was in the ambulance by then.

Ironically the ambulance was park on the corner, which meant that any cars coming from that side road had to creep out well into the cycling lane to actually see traffic on the road they were joining.

I almost went over the bonnet of a BMW.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I saw the ambulance and police car as I went by shortly after 8.30am. Practically went into the opposite lane to avoid getting taken out by any vehicles emerging from that side road. Not a good place for the amby to have parked.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    When I came past the ambulance was just pulling in. The rider was conscious, but looked in shock/groggy and was lying on the floor (under a blanket) and was being attended to by members of the public.

There are collisions at this junction frequently (A3 and Jeffrys Road) and I hope the rider heals up quickly.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Good to here he was conscious, he was lying on road not moving when I went past, no blanket but poeple attending him, it looked realy bad. Hope he's ok and heals quickly.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    Not sure what time i went past but the ambulance was there and i couldn't see any sign of a bicycle or anything. Several cyclists and a motorcyclist still hanging around, i presume to give statements.

Best wishes to the cyclist involved.
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    Went past stockwell at 6.15pm and it was shut. Pedestrian has been killed. RIP
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    gaz545 wrote:

I rode past there about 6.40pm. Police were jacking the lorry up and taking photos, I assumed someone was under.

Jeez, two accidents on the same road, on the same day 100+meters apart and going in the same direction.

RIP
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    gaz545 wrote:

So that's what the closed road was about. I thought it was kkk related (kids killing kids). Wow.
  • Damn. I went past just after 7 and it was almost gridlock, couldn't see very much but could tell it was something major

RIP
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Apparently an elderly lady was hit by a truck just outside Costcutter.

http://www.stockwellnews.com/
  • Commuted into town for the first time since Xmas over the last two days.

Both incidents on my route - seen lots of inconsiderate driving and some new inexperienced cyclist's. Makes me wary

Be careful folks
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing