STARTER

Henry126
Henry126 Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Well you have all heard this before but here we go as an adult what would be an ideal first bike for me obviously no to expensive?? :D
Iwelcome all your help!

Comments

• lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    That depends on what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend.

Give us some ideas and we'll be better able to advise.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Ihave not cycled for years but slowly my desire has returned I would look to about £300
    tops at the moment for the bike and just to use on free time which would be at the week ends mostly as I live very close to the country most of my riding will be on the country lanes to build up my confidence and stamina being 50 and along time out of the saddle its needed :D
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Save your money and ask around your friends/neighbours for the loan of one. That way you'll be doing them a favour of de-cluttering their shed. They may even donate it to you. Then in a few months or 200 miles time which ever is the quicker look for something better unless you struck lucky the first time. I've just bought a cracker in a boot sale today for £35 which is ideal for lanes and off road.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.