Anyone tried the Asgard twin bike shed?

tomns
tomns Posts: 4
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
Hey all

Has anyone tried the Asgard twin bike shed?

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?p ... t_code=CBS

I think it must be new since it wasn't on the market the last time I looked for external bike storage. I'm looking for something narrow to fit down our side return at our flat and this looks like it should bit.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with this / recommend it etc? Haven't found anything else that will work in our little space (the side opening is what makes it work..there isn't enough room to access bikes from the wide end, which is where most stores allow access.

Ta!

Tom

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    I don't have this model, but I do have the older Asgard Access
    http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?pro_code=Acc1&cat_level=0&cat_code=CBS,
    which is a bit bigger. I can't really fault it, and the only slight niggle - that the doors are secured with shrouded padlocks rather than a fully integrated lock - seems to have been dealt with in newer models. Thankfully it's not been tested in anger yet, but it certainly feels sturdy, and all the fixings are carefully designed so that they aren't accessible externally. It's kept everything dry and as condensation-free as you could expect for an unheated shed through the last two winters. Assembly was pretty straightforward, just requiring a masonry drill for the bolt-down fixings, and a screwdriver and small spanner for everything else.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Looks like a good bit of kit, shame it's not full height though - unless you're a PORG it's going to be hands and knees to clean the inside. Spiders down the back of the collar anyone?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    Clean the inside!? Of a bike shed? Exactly what level of OCD are we dealing with here?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    It's CDO, get the letters in the right order fool.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • jason23
    jason23 Posts: 71
    I use the Asgard 4 bike locker and its brilliant.

Almost cant fault it.
    Customer service has been amazing too. Had trouble with my disc lock and they replaced both instantly.

The thing is SOLID.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I have this one.
    http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?p ... t_code=CBS

Very solid and very heavy, not been tested in anger yet (to my knowledge) but feels like it would put up a good fight.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • rjsterry
    I do like that there is an internal door handle - incase you go in to clean it, and the door shuts behind you. :shock:
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i thought the asgard was a device to stop gay rape !!!!!!!!
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • jason23
    what a way to go, trapped in an Asgard in the middle of nowhere, your last words heard only by a mute singlespeed and a Santa Cruz Blur : (
  • jason23
    nice titanium, what are those frames worth? mm
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    SimonAH wrote:
    It's CDO, get the letters in the right order fool.

Pfft

It's OCO

Obsessive Compulsive ORDER, there will be no disorder here thank you very much.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    pastey_boy wrote:
    i thought the asgard was a device to stop gay rape !!!!!!!!

Show me your bottom:

alien_asgard_stargate.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I was quite interested in an Asgard as well and then came across another metal shed maker Trimetals on this site: Metal Sheds - I'd not heard of them before. Then started wondering about wood being better for condensation ?

Oddly enough, I used to work in an insulation company and have got a load of flat panel insulation in the garage, so I suppose could glue it onto the inside of a metal shed - that should stop condensation. But then tricky to fix brackets etc. to inside of shed.
  • rjsterry
    You'd think condensation would be a problem with a steel shed, and there's plenty on the outside when it's cold and damp, but for whatever reason - carefully detailed design I presume - there is very little on the inside. If anything, my wooden garden shed has more of a damp problem in the winter.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    You'd think condensation would be a problem with a steel shed, and there's plenty on the outside when it's cold and damp, but for whatever reason - carefully detailed design I presume - there is very little on the inside. If anything, my wooden garden shed has more of a damp problem in the winter.

Nice to know - thanks.
    Is it easy to start putting up brackets and bike racks etc. on the walls ?