Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

Santa was late...

hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
He just dropped this off, so I'll be starting the build next time home...

5339480070_9459e3809f.jpg

5338870949_b7b7ebb542.jpg

It'll be mid Feb before it starts taking shape.
SRAM Force... Maybe RED.
Zipp 404's.
FSA K Wing bars.
White Toupe Team seat, or maybe a white Prolongo.
LBS was out of white Fizik bar tape, too...[/url]
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Posts

  • ZachariahZachariah Posts: 782
    That is rather lovely. If you can budget for those frame and wheels though, why not go for Red over Force?
  • hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Zachariah wrote:
    That is rather lovely. If you can budget for those frame and wheels though, why not go for Red over Force?

    I have Force on a bike and I'm very impressed with it...It's not a budget issue.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • SupergooseSupergoose Posts: 1,089
    hopper1 wrote:
    Zachariah wrote:
    That is rather lovely. If you can budget for those frame and wheels though, why not go for Red over Force?

    I have Force on a bike and I'm very impressed with it...It's not a budget issue.

    Chapeau re; the groupset. If you like it, use it. Totally unrelated but I cant bring myself to spec Dura Ace instead of Ultegra. I just cant justify it, Ultegra is good/expensive enough for me. I digress, that frame looks the cats gonads, health to enjoy, real potential there. Black bar tape ftw. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • chunkytfgchunkytfg Posts: 358
    Supergoose wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    Zachariah wrote:
    That is rather lovely. If you can budget for those frame and wheels though, why not go for Red over Force?

    I have Force on a bike and I'm very impressed with it...It's not a budget issue.

    Chapeau re; the groupset. If you like it, use it. Totally unrelated but I cant bring myself to spec Dura Ace instead of Ultegra. I just cant justify it, Ultegra is good/expensive enough for me. I digress, that frame looks the cats gonads, health to enjoy, real potential there. Black bar tape ftw. 8)

    Lovely frame you have and the build spec looks fab but personally I'd give red tape a go 8)
    FCN 7

    FCN 4

    if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • LagavulinLagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Nice. He might've been late but he's sure been good.

    Red tape or Hudz and a red Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow if that were mine me thinks.
  • nah black tape & white hudz

    sounds like a nice build your planning 8)
  • hopper1 wrote:
    Zachariah wrote:
    That is rather lovely. If you can budget for those frame and wheels though, why not go for Red over Force?

    I have Force on a bike and I'm very impressed with it...It's not a budget issue.
    thanks for saying that hopper im having Force on my new bike in two months and im hoping i notice a difference between tektro and Force!!

    let us know how your bike runs when you get it set up mate!!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have fun with it mate! I quite enjoyed mine.
  • hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Cheers guys... Not sure I can move away from white saddle/bar tape, cable outers...
    Thinking the SRAM red may get my vote, though... Just because of the extra slash of colour!
    Might plump for some very sexy, expensive red brakes...


























    Still waiting for the other frame!... :roll:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • galatzogalatzo Posts: 1,295
    Nice
    Any chance you can weigh it as I'm considering one of these too ?

    Enjoy
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Galatzo wrote:
    Nice
    Any chance you can weigh it as I'm considering one of these too ?

    Enjoy

    51cm = 1533g!
    That's just frame and forks c/w headset... No grease.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • jonmackjonmack Posts: 522
    Can't wait to see this built.
  • :P CHATEAUNEUF DE PAPE! :P
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way...

    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Shimano 105
    CSN Superleggera XL50
    Speedplay X2
    Met SineThesis
    Sidi Ergo 2
    Garmin 705
  • Lovely machine, the box made me chuckle - Made in China!
    1990 - Trek 950
    1991 - Orbit America Multiflo
    1992 - Orbit STOLEN!
    1992 - Roberts DOGS BOLX
    1994 - Roberts STOLEN!
    2003 - Specialized Epic
    2006 - Specialized Allez Elite
  • hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Lovely machine, the box made me chuckle - Made in China!

    Me too, but I'm not bothered, else I'd have excluded the box!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    They are far from the lightest but they are a stiff censored of a frame and responsive too.
  • hopper1hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    NapoleonD wrote:
    They are far from the lightest but they are a stiff censored of a frame and responsive too.

    Hope it's more responsive than me... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • galatzogalatzo Posts: 1,295
    51cm = 1533g!

    And my size too !

    If you change your mind ....[/quote]
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
Sign In or Register to comment.