• jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    No just carry a business card with details
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    I wear a set of dog tags. It has my name, DOB, address, and an emergency contact number on.
  • jrab
    jrab Posts: 99
    I have some slim plastic ones from IndentiKids (like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Identikids-Kiddie ... 0511029010 but longer for adults and say "medical ID" not "If I'm lost"). They're really good - easy to wear and best of all they cost about a fiver for a 3-pack with a permanent marker thrown in - but they seem to only do the kids ones now

These look like a good alternative - http://www.theidbandco.com/Sports-Safety-ID-Wristbands

Rich.
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    Cycling isn't dangerous. There's no more reason to carry ID, wear protective clothing etc when cycling than when walking, running or catching the bus...

Please don't reinforce the misconception!

Cheers,
    W.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Hi,
    Cycling isn't dangerous. There's no more reason to carry ID, wear protective clothing etc when cycling than when walking, running or catching the bus...

Cheers,
    W.

I have ID when popping out to the shops, or going for a walk in the form of my wallet and phone. When I go for a run or out on my bike I carry neither of those things.

reminds me, I need to order a RoadID band.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    Hi,

Cheers,
    W.
    I generally do have ID with me when doing those things, in the form of the things in my wallet. The only time I'll go out with no ID whatsoever is going to the shop 500m from my front door.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My wallett with CC's and DC's and I always have a few business cards in there and my National ID card from another country, plus and ICE in my mobile, but that applies 24/7 not just when on my bike!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • eyebee
    eyebee Posts: 257
    I use utag if out on long rides. I don't carry a wallet on these rides so other than enough drink and food for the ride, a wrist band isn't going to get in the way.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Unless I have my eyes gouged out I'm not going to be difficult to identify if I go missing.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    I have my blood-type, allergies and favorite color tattooed on my buttocks and my chest (redundancy just in case). Also I have a microchip in my tooth that contains my address and medical history. I have a GPS sensor and a direct link to my wife - when she hears a scream, sound of bent metal and gnashing of teeth she can easily pin point my location and send in the extraction team.