Felt sizing

sopworth
sopworth Posts: 191
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Can any Felt owners shed some light on the sizing of the F range?

I'm 6ft and in my browse for a new bike I looked at a few of the Felt range today. The guy in the shop said I would be a 54 which I found quite bizarre. I wasn't in a position to take a bike for a test ride but fully intend too. The bike felt low down but the reach seemed fine.

Was interested to hear from any Felt owners on what size they have.

Thanks

Comments

• moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    i'm 5'7" and have a 30" inside leg and ride a 07 Felt F3 - in a 54 cm... it has a 545mm top tube and 545mm seat tube and i use a 110mm stem.

assuming their geometry hasn't changed radically since then, i'd say the 54 would be way too small and you would be better looking at a 56 or 58

Gerry
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    Thanks Moonshine,
    Can't understand why the guy was so insistent that a 54 was the size for me. This was a very reputable bike shop also.
    Thanks for your response.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    i bought a felt fa frame from merlin a few weeks ago and they fit just like an american bike really. I am about 6'2 with long legs and a size 60cm suits fine.

It really hacks me of when guys in a shop just try and peddle the stock they have. my mate bought a cheap mtb to take the kids out and its 19" frame and he is barely 5'5 - bizarre!
  • Paul RS
    Paul RS Posts: 107
    As suggested, 56 minimum for a 6' er. I'm 5 10" and ride an AR1 in a 54.

See here, Felt recommend 58/60.. http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2011/In ... g.aspx#6-0

Great bikes by the way, wouldn't swap mine for anything else at the moment..