Tonights Bodge Job!

tptvmbircn
tptvmbircn Posts: 782
edited January 2011 in The workshop
Well 10 mins of my time, some cable ties and a front fender i will never use turned into this:

shortguard1.jpg
--
shortguard2.jpg
--
shortguard3.jpg

a guy posted something up in the MTB section and didnt see a response but the thread got closed as he wrote stuff funny etc.

but it got me thinking tonight about a wet bum as it's raining here and i'm sick of having those planks trailing behind me!

thoughts on a postcard?

Terry

Comments

• Looks like rigid forks, so why not fit front and rear full length mudguards, like SKS P65?

Oh. Those damn disk brakes. Disk brakes are just great, aren't they?
  • Ah yes i adore full mudguards and they have ran on this bike, however, that is a big problem. Not so much on the front forks but more on the rear stays, i've done the p-clips even bolted on the disc brake with the bracket and it constantly moved then the front one rattled off its rails.

Not the best experience with this bike,

The results this morning (not to get technical about it figure wise) i'd say 75% not hitting my back at the moment and i think the angle needs to be lifted a few degrees.
  • And I think they should incorporate special 'bike rooms' into all homes.
  • And I think they should incorporate special 'bike rooms' into all homes.

haha
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    What about crud catchers and would it not be better lower
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • well its a experiment really, lower yes, but i guess i'm more minimal and different plus hate having a guard on unless its full to start with. Personally i don't like the look of the MTB ones. I'm looking to cash in on a croix de fer wich has full mudguard / rack eyes thank god! haha
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've kept the rear of mine minimal as it has a rack with an inbuilt guard and I've added a very small one to the seat stay bridge that extends down the seattube.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    Mind you I did forget to say, good for you, I am 100% the type of person who wants somewthing and would rather find a solution for the enjoyment of doing so, and the pleasure of creating it than simply going to the shop.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • it's a neat looking guard, have to say.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It is neat, please report on the succesfullnes, would make a nice mod to a less obvious guard for an MTB!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.