Will crud road racer guards fit my bianchi via nirone??

Sammyw23
Sammyw23 Posts: 627
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Can't find a definitive answer on any of the threads on here. Anyone know? 2010 bianchi via nirone xenon is the bike. Cheers
Cervelo P3
Bianchi Infinito
Cannondale CAAD10

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Can't comment on your specific bike but I managed to fit a pair onto my frankenstein FG bike with 700C wheels squeezed into an MTB frame with front shocks and square tubes and required minimal butchery.

If they can be made to fit that then they really should go on most things.

(btw I am very impressed with their performance in the rain)
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    I have a 2009 Wilier La Triestina which I now use as the winter bike. The gap between the bottom of the front brake caliper and the top of the tyre (700x23) was minimal but I still managed to fit crud road Racers 2's and they do not rub.

A good trick is to heat the mudguards up carefully with a heat gun and they can then be manipulated more easily.
  • I have a 2005 via Nirone. Had to cut a bit off the back mudguard around bottom bracket area, but otherwise fit fine.
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    Sold! £21.95 delivered from Parkers
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    Can't find a definitive answer on any of the threads on here. Anyone know? 2010 bianchi via nirone xenon is the bike. Cheers
    With respect, the definitive answer has been given lots of times by me, and others on those threads. Obviously we haven't listed every bike, but we have told you how to check your bike yourself.

I repeat - if you can get a 5mm allen key between your brakes and the top of your tyres, and between the rear tyre and your seat tube, then the Cruds will fit if you go about it carefully.

If you only have 4 mm clearance, it is going to be a very tight squeeze without resorting to hacking away at the plastic or going down a tyre size.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I had them on my Bianchi Via Nirone. Had to cut the front though as it would go under the brake with 23mm tyres on. Still worked fine.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • fred22
    fred22 Posts: 509
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    I have the 2009 via nirone but the all alu sora model. Mk 2 Fit fine, no modification necessary to bike or guards i can post pics if you want
  • jlgt
    jlgt Posts: 21
    I've got a 2010 Via Nirone Xenon and they fit perfectly, no cutting needed.