More frame deals from On-One.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Scandal is still £135.
Inbred is £99
inbred mk2 + 456 + summer season £150.

Good deals.. nice to see something has gone down in price with the 20% vat!

Comments

• curlie467
    curlie467 Posts: 225
    Just bought a scandal which will arrive today, yay but am now tempted to build up an inbred aswell at that price!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    no, no, no.......i don't need any more temptation :twisted:
  • Hmmm I've been eyeing up the inbred frames... Am thinking about building it up with the bits from my commuter for daily use but then also being able to use it for some touring / expedition in Africa later in the year... The frames seem pretty flexible, you see them built up as everything from light XC bikes to robust tourers... And for only £99 for the frame?! :lol:
    Offroad: Canyon Nerve XC8 (2012)
    Touring / Commuting: On-One Inbred (2011)(FCN9)

http://uninspiredramblings.wordpress.com
  • welshkev
    are the inbreds steel? one thing i would say if you're considering an expedition in africa is that a steel frame is easier to repair IF it should break :D
  • welshkev wrote:
    no, no, no.......i don't need any more temptation :twisted:
    :lol:

If i didn't have my car MOT/Service coming up i'd grab a summer season witouth second thought!
  • welshkev wrote:
    are the inbreds steel? one thing i would say if you're considering an expedition in africa is that a steel frame is easier to repair IF it should break :D

Yup they are steel.. thats one of the reasons for thinking of an Inbred. I'm only thinking of a *short* trip this time but want a frame that can be used for more in the future. Should also help with the road buzz on the commute.

Thinking of doing the Namibia north trip with these guys initially: http://www.tourdafrique.com/tours/spotl ... mibianorth Only two weeks worth of cycling so if I decide I hate it, I've at least not committed to something too huge (!). Then in the future perhaps longer trips with them or something more unsupported.

• welshkev
    that sounds pretty awsome, i saw the skeleton coast on the long way down and it looks amazing.

i wish the gf would let me get away for 2 weeks, but with a 1 year old boy it's a bit difficult :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    curlie467 wrote:
    Just bought a scandal which will arrive today, yay but am now tempted to build up an inbred aswell at that price!

No point, Inbred's just a heavy, dead-feeling Scandal. IMO of course but the Inbred became pretty much pointless when the Scandal launched, other than the price. (or if you want someone to weld it back together in africa, or mount loads of racks)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • welshkev wrote:
    that sounds pretty awsome, i saw the skeleton coast on the long way down and it looks amazing.

i wish the gf would let me get away for 2 weeks, but with a 1 year old boy it's a bit difficult :lol:

haha! Yeah I can imagine. A lot of my friends have young kids - makes me realise I need to do some of this stuff whilst I can ;-).

I'd quite like to do something unsupported but not for my first trip of this kind.

Just saw these on another thread - perfect for Africa!? http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shi ... e-ec022039

• welshkev
    i remeber seeing an old MBUK (i'm talking 10 years or more ago) and theye were using them in fuerteventura or somewhere like that and i though it was dodgy when they were riding next to jagged volcanic rock :lol:

but i bet your feet would keep cool :D and you could probably wear them off the bike aswell
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    meh,

20 inch scandal is still £230, I'd look like a chimp on a trike with an 18.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • curlie467
    Northwind wrote:
    curlie467 wrote:

No point, Inbred's just a heavy, dead-feeling Scandal. IMO of course but the Inbred became pretty much pointless when the Scandal launched, other than the price. (or if you want someone to weld it back together in africa, or mount loads of racks)

Good man, i love it when people talk me out of spending money, especially when it essentially points to me making the right decision on a scandal!
    I really need to save my money for a roadbike anyway!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    curlie467 wrote:
    Good man, i love it when people talk me out of spending money

You might want to consider buying 2 scandals :wink:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I've always liked the look of the scandal, it's a really sweet lookin' frame. if I was in the market for a little racey fast light xc number I'd snap one up, specially if available at silly price.
  • curlie467
    I've always liked the look of the scandal, it's a really sweet lookin' frame. if I was in the market for a little racey fast light xc number I'd snap one up, specially if available at silly price.

It arrived at luchtime, beautiful looking frame, nicely made and pretty light too, thats what i hope to make, a nice light xc bike but hopefully quite tough too.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    BASTARD! I just bought a 456 at full price the other day, and to add insult to injury, it's only on pre-order, so it's not like i'll even be getting it soon! Argh
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Cancel it then...or get a price match
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    BASTARD! I just bought a 456 at full price the other day, and to add insult to injury, it's only on pre-order, so it's not like i'll even be getting it soon! Argh

the ones on pre order are 2011 though.. these ones are old stock.

The 2011 456 SS is getting swapouts I think.

Oh yeah, and I only realised after a bit of reading that the normal 456 has a butted top tube but the 456 SS is a straight tube with no butting!

the SS has to be as stiff as foooook.
  • ilovedirt
    I ordered the regular 456, no changes there AFAIK? I'd rather have the £15!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    I ordered the regular 456, no changes there AFAIK? I'd rather have the £15!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5