Cycling on Eurosport

Sgt_Pepper
Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Hi, Does anybody know When the cycling starts on Eurosport this year, i've looked on the site and can't find any reference to the races and dates they'll be following . :?

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    They usually start with Tour of Qatar, then Tour of Oman, then Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    If you have it, Sky Sports also showed highlights of the TDU as well, assume they will again.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Track world cup from Beijing 21st - 23rd January :wink:
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    If you have it, Sky Sports also showed highlights of the TDU as well, assume they will again.

That must be a VERY short highlights package! Their off! Look yet more dust, Cav wins the sprint. And repeat.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Pross
    wicked wrote:

That must be a VERY short highlights package! Their off! Look yet more dust, Greipel wins the sprint. And repeat.

Fixed that for you :lol:
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I seem to recall watching some live coverage of the TDU last year, but I can't remember if it was on Sky or a web feed.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It must be bad if you guys are happy to watch a bunch of slighty overweight pros train in the hot sun while you freeze your ass off at home!
  • Any (Richie) port in a storm.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    TDU last year was shown on Sky Cycling's website after it had been shown on Sky Sports.

Also Sky Sports did carry live coverage.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    It must be bad if you guys are happy...

It's never bad to be happy. Bring on a whole new year of cycling!
  • Sky Sports 3 16 Jan 6:00pm

A whole half hour. Can't preview any further ahead at this time but will likely be the same each evening
  • Ha, I was just this morning thinking "I wonder what cycling will be on Eurosport this year"

Nothing definite then? I'd imagine Matt Rendell will be all over Qatar and Oman again this year, not to mention the Tour of Turkey, which he's apparently getting teams invites for
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Tweet from David Harmon this morning that he and big Maggy are doing Qatar and Oman, while the great SK returns for Paris Nice.

No response to my query on whether Oman will be live this year, but at least no painful M Rendell commentary....
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Pross
    To be fair it wasn't Rendell's fault last year, I got the feeling he was watching the same highlights as the rest of us and had various notes from the hosts that he was obliged to put in to make a sort of travel show / tourist board advert - anyone would have struggled.
  • Anyone that says that Matt Rendell does a bad job at anything to do with cycling clearly has never paid an interest in his work.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Anyone that says that Matt Rendell does a bad job at anything to do with cycling clearly has never paid an interest in his work.

i agree. you could almost see him cringing at the open top bus commentary he was paid to read in Oman!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Really ? Significant Other stands out as the worst cycling book I've ever read, written in the style of a sixth former trying to show how literate he is.

The Death Of Marco Pantani would be close to being next on the list and the amateur psychology near the end was cringeworthy.

And I don't care who wrote the commentary for those races last year the delivery was shockingly bland.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Really ? Significant Other stands out as the worst cycling book I've ever read, written in the style of a sixth former trying to show how literate he is.

The Death Of Marco Pantani would be close to being next on the list and the amateur psychology near the end was cringeworthy.

And I don't care who wrote the commentary for those races last year the delivery was shockingly bland.

Which books do you rate?

I'm usually very difficult to please and I really enjoyed The Death of Marco Pantani.
  • Tom Butcher
    Off the top of my head, Put Me Back on My Bike by Fotheringham, In Pursuit of Stardom by Hewson, The RIder by Krabbe, In Search of Robert Millar, A Dog In A Hat, It's Not about the Bike, the LEmond autobiog.....the list goes on, to be honest I've read far too many cycling books ....I just don't like Rendell's style.

The Pantani book was a lot better than Significant Other, for me unnecessarily dry and detailed but not as badly written, until he comes to his amateur psychoanalysis of Pantani near the end. If you ignore that section it's just a boring but ultimately informative book.

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Off the top of my head, Put Me Back on My Bike by Fotheringham, In Pursuit of Stardom by Hewson, The RIder by Krabbe, In Search of Robert Millar, A Dog In A Hat, It's Not about the Bike, the LEmond autobiog.....the list goes on, to be honest I've read far too many cycling books ....I just don't like Rendell's style.

The Pantani book was a lot better than Significant Other, for me unnecessarily dry and detailed but not as badly written, until he comes to his amateur psychoanalysis of Pantani near the end. If you ignore that section it's just a boring but ultimately informative book.

There is no LeMond autobiography surely? Unless you mean the Abt biography I've just scored on Ebay for 99p?

The Pantani book is very well written, just depressing. Kings of the Mountains is good.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I like Matt Rendell.
    And I enjoyed his book on Marco Pantani.

I've already got my coat on.
  • Tom Butcher
    calvjones wrote:

There is no LeMond autobiography surely? Unless you mean the Abt biography I've just scored on Ebay for 99p?

The Pantani book is very well written, just depressing. Kings of the Mountains is good.

No I meant the Fignon autobiography - don't know why I wrote LeMond.

It's personal taste isn't it - I know a lot of people rate Rendell but from what I've read he's not my cup of tea.

• ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Goodo books! I read loads of Christmas/New Year mainly 'cos there was rubbish on TV. Read Mr Tom (having previously read Put me back on my bike), Flying Scotsman, Tomorrow we ride, We were young and carefree (no pics bit of a disappointment.) Am now ploughing my way through Lapize - now there was an ace and have Brian Robinson and Miguel Indurain waiting! All out of the library - of course. :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman