tyres and guards

trav1502
trav1502 Posts: 21
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
hi,
bought a spesh Allez 2010 triple about 18 months ago, and have now decided to turn into my commuting/winter bike. can anyone give advice on what mudguards are ideal for this bike? also im looking into changing my tyres- possibly 25 mm schwalbe marathon plus, but would that fit?
thanks in advance for the answers

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    25mm should be fine
    Crud Roadracer MK2 will fit if there's not much clearance, they just about fit on my Langster and that has sod all room on the front fork
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • SKS Raceblades, don't offer as much coverage but will fit. Can't get the Roadracers to fit Mrs Meanie's Langster, even with 23 tyres.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've had 25s with CC2s on my Allez before I left the CC2s fitted permanently to my Tricross for the winter.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    SKS Raceblades, don't offer as much coverage but will fit. Can't get the Roadracers to fit Mrs Meanie's Langster, even with 23 tyres.

Mine fit with all of about a millimetres clearance, and I've not used the full set as it was causing some of it to catch
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • She's so pernickity; and won't suffer the slightest 'catch'. And yet cycles everywhere with headphones full blast!
    Still, me got the Roadracers for buying the Raceblades :)
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • trav1502 wrote:
    hi,
    bought a spesh Allez 2010 triple about 18 months ago, and have now decided to turn into my commuting/winter bike. can anyone give advice on what mudguards are ideal for this bike? also im looking into changing my tyres- possibly 25 mm schwalbe marathon plus, but would that fit?
    thanks in advance for the answers

Think about Schwalbe Durano plus with smartguard. These feel much more like a road bike tyre and may be a better fit under guards