"On Tour" - Wiggins

FransJacques
FransJacques Posts: 2,148
edited January 2011 in Pro race
This just popped up on an Amazon search and it appears it was added today.

Don't suppose anyone's read it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1409 ... ROKL5A1OLE

The readers comments are good, straigh outta BR iit would seem. :-)
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.

Comments

• Yes I got given it for Christmas.

Really good photography and an interesting read.
  • Got it, read it - it's good

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    It's gone up £2.50 since end of last year! :(

A good read and great pics, who else thinks Wiggo looks emaciated in some of those pictures?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Wiggo, for one!

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • I got 2 copies for Christmas so at least people know me well. It's a good, interesting read with reflections on other riders, his team and team-mates, and various stages and aspects of the tour. It won't take an eternity to read but would probably be good to dip back into in future. Not quite up there with 'Rouleur' in terms of presentation or quality of writing but not far off.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,634
    Wiggins looks so frail in those pictures, not exactly what you'd describe as a healthy athlete. Enjoyable reading. Quite an honest appraisal of the tour. Finished it in a day though as it was mostly pictures.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Incredible to think that Wiggo 'needs' to go to those physiological extremes and yet Cadel Evans looks like a the samestature as the former pole vaulter Sergi Bubka (not exactly an endurance sport :shock:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Ok appearances can be deceptive :)

Bubka 183cm 80kg
    Cuddles 173cm 64kg (oh)
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I always think Cadel looks a bit "big", but I think it's just his frame as 64kg is pretty light and he certainly climbs well enough. Don't think a fatty could win a bunch sprint up the Mur de Huy!

I got the Wiggins book for xmas but haven't had chance to read it. He is trying to adapt himself to something very different to what his body probably was best designed for. Hopefully he'll carry out his promise and do some serious racing in the early season as I really think he could get some good results in the shorter stage races with TTs. That way he won't be hanging all his hopes on 3 weeks in July...bombing in July this year wouldn't have been so bad had he raced well and got some wins in Tirreno-Adriatico , Romandie or similar races early in the year (Giro prologue excepted).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)