Cycling TV channel.

AidanOH
AidanOH Posts: 11
edited January 2011 in Pro race
Hi all.

What is the best tv channel for pro cycling, and whats the best/cheapest way off getting it sky/virgin/????.

Comments

• Eurosport - shop around for the best deal, see if there are any introduce a friend offers that mates can take advantage of.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    You can watch Eurosport online for about 4 quid a month.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • I have my pc hardwired to my tv and use either cycling fans or my p2p, but i am thinking about the eurosport £4/monthly option for the major classics, during the recent xmas period have enjoyed following the cross races in belgium nxt up rotterdam 6 day starting to-morrow and the belgian national cross race at the weekend
    onward ever onward
  • AidanOH
    AidanOH Posts: 11
    Thanks Guys.

Ive taken a look at Virgin, but it looks like you have to take a 160 channel bundle in order to get Eurosport in highb def. Is it possible to get the high def signal from an ordinary sat reciever, ie not sky/virgin, and just pay for trhe channel you want.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Get yourself a Motorized dish and reciever. Probably cost about £400 to completely set-up but once its done you will have more cycling that you can even watch plus you get Eurosport HD2
    cartoon.jpg
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Doobz wrote:
    Get yourself a Motorized dish and reciever. Probably cost about £400 to completely set-up but once its done you will have more cycling that you can even watch plus you get Eurosport HD2

If this is FTA sat where as you pointing the dish for ES2??
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    on 13E but aint "free"
    cartoon.jpg
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    You can point a sky size dish at 19.2e and get a simple receiver box (on ebay or even B&Q) and you'll get Eurosport Germany for 100% free.

If you want English comm, i recommend their webplayer.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Yup, can echo postive votes for Eurosport player - I've been using this for about a year now, and it's great value at the £4 or whatever it is a month. Stream/picture quality very good, and seriously worth it to avoid the Chuckle Brothers on ITV4 without stumping up a fortune to Sky.
    Am surprised more subscription satellite channels don't go down this route, TBH.
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sky lets you record it much more easily...

For the races you watch live, it's Eurosport HD, with Sporza commentary off some illegal live-feed! :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I was going to join BT Vision untill they said they didn't cover Eurosport, which was a deal breaker.