Protection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie77
Lizzie77 Posts: 53
edited April 2011 in Women
No choice for us girls as you will all know.

So trying to do some reseach.

I really like the Alpinestar Bionic but it is pricey and santa wasnt that good to me :shock:

I also LOVE the Rockgardn but was seeing what is available cheaper, even though I know you get what you pay for. This is looking the one at present though.

Just found this though and wondered if any of you had any toughts on it.....

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Demon_ ... 011-(24896).aspx

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I have been a member for a while but not posted in ages.....sowweeeeee
Specialized XC Comp
Specialized Pitch Pro

Comments

• Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • Also if you were going to choose from 661 would you go for the comp pressure suit or the vapour and why would you choose that one?????
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • I don't think i'd ever find body armour to fit me :lol:

There is a Fox one to look into aswell. Of the 661 suits, I'd probably go for the vapour - it "looks" a bit more flixible, but I suppose you'd have to try something like that on to make sure.
  • Thats what I thought over the 661, the other looks very stiff.

Going to check out fox...... :D
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • Me again :lol:

Do you think there is any advantage over the armour with mesh shirt to the armour on its own.

Fox do a good selection of armour at good prices but its just armour, not the mesh shirt with it. Unless you go for the more expensive, which isnt bad price either.
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • the fox launch suit has the mesh liner like the 661 suits. I don't really know what the advantages are really. It could be a poor fit being all in one, but on the other hand the mesh might keep it all in place better so that it doesn't slip?
  • Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    I've got some oneal body armour.
    I'm really happy with it, it's mesh based with the armour on top. Removable arms so you can wear it with full arms or t-shirt style.
    As many adjustments, velcro straps and zips you could ever want/need.
    Kidney belt and nice protection for your hips.

I'll try do a quick write up of it for you, with pics etc by the end of the week. Would do it now but i've gotta get a train super early and need to sort the house out!

will post back as soon as i've got something with more information!

:-)
  • Thanks Gingie, I have looked at O'neal one, think it was about £100 short sleeved it was.

Found it
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/22574/O-N ... acket.html

I have currently got 13 pages open on this pc trying to research them all. Havent got a decent shop near us so its crap. Im near Gretna and nearest is Glasgow or kendal and thats for Evans, I need to see a huge selection in one go :lol:

Looked at Fox launch now and I quite like that too...might wave a magic wand and win the lotto and get them all

Going to fort bill in june for world cup and they do have some bargins there, so not sure wether to get now or try and be patient and wait!!!!.....dont like waiting for goodies:)

Also Im not what you would call of girly build, so its if the ladies would fit right as often I have trouble and have to have mens stuff. Im 5'8 size 12 but have monkey long arms and broad shoulders, so the ladies is often to tight and fitted withnot enough arm length.

God Im awkward
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    And I thought I was far from a any bike shops :shock:
  • Gingie
    Yeh, mines pretty similar to that, but i think mines an older model and they've changed the chest plate on the newer ones...

Fyi, i'm far from a 'ladies' build myself. 5ft 9. Lanky arms, lanky legs! most the kit i buy is mens stuff! (including the oneal armour) We'll have to trade notes on kit that fits the lankier laydee!!
  • Gingie
    p.s. Lizzie are you going to join us at the Wow event (see prev threads) as i see you're based quite close to where it's being held??
  • Going for a looky
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Hi Girlies,

Haven't been on here for a loooong time! Forgot my password and took ages to get it reset for some reason?!? Oh well!

Body protection! I had 661 Pro Pressure Suit in an XS (i'm 5'7 and a size 8/10) it fitted well enough apart from the chest plate sticking at a funny angle due to boobs! The shoulders were a bit narrow too as mine are quite wide for a lady and the mesh didn't really fit a womens figure of going in at the waist. It did its job mind you!

I was spolit at christmas by my boyf who put towards some new armour, I go the womens IXS Battle Evo Jacket and it fits superbly! http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=34184
    I haven't worn it to ride in yet but trying it on it fits sooo much better. I think its worth spending the extra to get something that i'm going to feel way more comfortable wearing and hopefully will help improve my riding as i'll feel happier. :)
    delightfully dangerous!
  • smallred
    smallred Posts: 73
    I got myself some Demon Flex Force stuff, having got sick of ill-fitting blokes' Knox and 661 body armour. Well happy with it so far, it's really comfy.

I got some wrist guards from them for snowboarding too and they fit much better than the mens'/'unisex' ones I've tried before.

I ended up with 2 Demon suits - one's too big so I ended up getting a second because I couldn't return the first one. I've got it listed for sale over on the classifieds bit:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12769006
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
    Specialized Tricross Triple
  • Lizzie77
    Hi smallred, Ive replied to your for sale add
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • Lizzie77
    Anyone else tried this Demon gear????????????
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro