Pereiro not "Urco"

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited January 2011 in Pro race

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• And the best line of the article? For me, it has to be this:-

"In addition, it also showed an enormous lack of respect to my dog, whose name they changed.”

:lol:
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    "In addition, it also showed an enormous lack of respect to my dog, whose name they changed.”

LMFAO
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • ratsbeyfus
    Yep, you've got to feel some Piti for him.

Arf arf.

@ratsbey
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    great minds
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Given the preposterous genesis of the link between Oscar and 'Urko', did any anyone ever seriously think he was Urko?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ratsbeyfus
    TBH I had no idea as I didn't follow the Puerto story at the time. It does seem odd that none of the investigators recognised that the number next to the name could be a phone number, and even giving it a call. It's a shame his TDF 'win' will probably always have the quote matrks around it.

@ratsbey
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    TBH I had no idea as I didn't follow the Puerto story at the time. It does seem odd that none of the investigators recognised that the number next to the name could be a phone number, and even giving it a call. It's a shame his TDF 'win' will probably always have the quote matrks around it.

The phone number comes from documents gathered in raids last month, not from 2006.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ratsbeyfus
    Oh... apologies to Spanish cops.

@ratsbey
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He was rumoured to be linked to Fuentes but there was nothing but rumours, so they never got any traction. I'm not sure if you should bet your savings on a Caisse and Astana rider being as pure as possible but...

He's certainly had one of the strangest careers I've seen. A fluke Tour win, if it is possible to fluke it, followed by some strange moments including the crash where he fell off the road and landed on the section of road below, smashing several bones, and apparently a bout of depression. Now there's the football career.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    He was a excellent rider before the Tour victory, a figther, after that he lost his mind and stamina, and become quite popular in Spain for things apart fromo cycling (rubbish tv programs for example).
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    victorponf wrote:
    He was a excellent rider before the Tour victory, a figther, after that he lost his mind and stamina, and become quite popular in Spain for things apart fromo cycling (rubbish tv programs for example).

Do you have "One Man and his Dog" in Spain? That's another career path possibility once he packs up football.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    RichN95 wrote:
    Given the preposterous genesis of the link between Oscar and 'Urko', did any anyone ever seriously think he was Urko?
    I expect IainF did and as he hasn't commented on this he is probably eating humble pie through the egg on his face. :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman