Warning drivers to slow down leads to criminal conviction

1235»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    dhope wrote:
    Is punching kittens illegal? It's certainly almost always safe, so likely legal :?
    Better ask one of the lycra clad roadies.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes, you said there's a generation of zombies out there who dumbly obey the limit and assume everything will be fine.

You have no evidence for this any more than I have evidence there's a load of lycra nazis out there who punch kittens to death.
    I told you I've seen plenty of examples and CiB has given a good example above - this is evidence. Just 'cos the evidence is via our own experiences and not on a conveniently quotable source on the internet that you like to cherry pick from, doesn't mean there's no evidence. Far from it: unfortunately for you the evidence goes against your argument so you try to deny it.

I'm more than willing to accept you and others, me included, see plenty of bad driving.

The contention that this bad driving is caused by speed cameras remains as unproven as the kitten-punching allegations.

A speed camera is an inert static box, it can no more cause a motorist to behave erratically than my big toe, the driver is in charge of the car, nobody else.
  • Stevo_666
    :roll:

Where did I say that speed cameras caused bad driving? It's mainly the blinkered approach of the authorities in charge of this stuff that has created the problem - continually repeating the overly simplistic "speed bad" mantra to the exclusion of pretty much anything else in the realms of bad driving (apart from - quite rightly - drink driving).

Although now you mention it, the problem with speed cameras generally is that when people are in an area where they know there are cameras, they tend to spend more time looking at their speedo rather than paying attention to the road. Not very safe really...

Now bog off and punch some kittens.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Quality debating then
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Stevo_666
    spen666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Quality debating then
    Maybe a spot of humour is lost on you? Try reading back and you might get it.