How Do you map your Ride..And Smartphone App?

abeez
abeez Posts: 13
OK How do you Map your Ride, I would love to know how if at all users map there ride, be it training or finding a good and varied course...

Of course I use google maps to mark out a ride with areas I know, What happens if you don't know the area...!

I have recently started Trying My HTC Desire and 3 Batteries!!! As we all know GPS is hard on batteries, that being said, HTC wasn't that bad..

Also what App are you using on your Smart Phone. I am using
Endomondo, copilot, imapmyride....... Let us and others know what ya use, on Today's ever popular Smart-phones..
UK Sportives - List Your Cyclosportive with us Today - Full Events Listings to Plan your Cycling Year Cycling a sport and passion Like No Other "Ride like it's your last"

Comments

• On my Android based phone, I'm currently using:

1. SportsTracker (http://www.sportstracklive.com/)
    2. Cardio Trainer pro (http://www.worksmartlabs.com/)

I find both apps to be good, though the GPS tracking of my Galaxy S sucks at times (the fault of the phone, not the apps).

Both are offered as free versions, with paid app versions offering additional functionality also available (I use the paid version of both of these apps).

The SportsTracker has a live mode that uploads your progress to the web during the ride. It also integrates with the Zephyr HxM and Bioharness BT to track HR, skin temp, resp rate, etc (only tracks HR on the HxM. For the rest, the bioharness is needed).

Regards,

Peter
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Garmin Forerunner 305 & GoogleEarth (loads directly) - don't use my iPhone though I do have MotionX GPS loaded.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    On my Android based phone, I'm currently using:

1. SportsTracker (http://www.sportstracklive.com/)
    2. Cardio Trainer pro (http://www.worksmartlabs.com/)

I find both apps to be good, though the GPS tracking of my Galaxy S sucks at times (the fault of the phone, not the apps).

Both are offered as free versions, with paid app versions offering additional functionality also available (I use the paid version of both of these apps).

The SportsTracker has a live mode that uploads your progress to the web during the ride. It also integrates with the Zephyr HxM and Bioharness BT to track HR, skin temp, resp rate, etc (only tracks HR on the HxM. For the rest, the bioharness is needed).

Regards,

Peter
    Sportstrack for me too (not the same as Sportstracker, which is only available for Nokia, and which I actually preferred) and I have to say that my Galaxy seems to get & hold a signal better than either of the two previous GPS phones I've had.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    I've tried Endomondo on my HTC Wildfire which seems to work OK in my back pocket. However I now have an Edge 500 so won't be using the smartphone again
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Join your local club and follow everybody else. Works for me. :D
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Cyclemeter on my iPhone 4 and that plus the iPod running together doesnt actually seem that bad battery wise.
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • I use nokia sports tracker on an old e51 ( emergancy bike phone with pay as you sim) with a bluetooth GPS dongle , both go in the saddle bag and work perfectly. i have tried a few iphone apps but the iphone GPS just drains the battery.

Im realy interested in the HTC phones, if they only just enable the ANT+ for every one not just the HTC team.
  • Map my ride App on iphone 4 and its fine on batteries lasts for ages
    2009 Kona Stinky and looking for an xc hardtail
  • G-Wiz
    G-Wiz Posts: 261
    Bike map.net for route planning, and a 705 for tracking. I used to use mapmyride on a blackberry but got the 705 when I stared regularly doing 4-6 hour rides.

No way my iPhone is going on my bars, but I'm tempted by the wahoo fisica dongle doodah for a combined mp3/tracker when running.