Pro DH Rider interview: Helen Gaskell, Get your questions in

Gingie
Gingie Posts: 98
edited January 2011 in Women
What would you ask a pro female Dhiller if you got the chance???

Well you do! We're doing an interview with her this week- but we want to ask her questions that you want the answers to!

So the floors open, what do you want to know???

Favourite colour? Biggest fear? Favourite bit of biking kit?

Ask away :-)

Comments

• I would like to know which kit she likes to use as in armour, legs arms and body.

Does she use the womens specific or the males as there is more choice????

Did she try several before finding the right one ect
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    I would love to know what sort of hand/grip strengthening exercises Helen uses and could recommend to ward off the dreaded 'fading grip strength' scenario followed by really sore hands after long, rough descents!

Great idea Gingie, can't wait to see what other questions and answers result from this interview :D

Kathg
  • kathg wrote:
    I would love to know what sort of hand/grip strengthening exercises Helen uses and could recommend to ward off the dreaded 'fading grip strength' scenario followed by really sore hands after long, rough descents!

Great idea Gingie, can't wait to see what other questions and answers result from this interview :D

Kathg

Great thought, I was on about this the other day to my Hubby and we were on about what hand excersises could be done to help strengthen, toughen up ect
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • Gingie
    Brilliant questions guys, ones i wouldn't have even considered asking!

Its exactly the kind of stuff i was looking for, i don't want to waste her time asking questions that people don't care about the answer to...'who do you think would win in a fight a pom bear or a jelly baby?' lol.

So any questions you have that at all feel free to chip in and thanks already to the guys that have.

:-)
  • If you feel like throwing in a daft question,...why is orange jam called marmalade??

Sorry :oops: couldnt resist, back to the topic me thinks before I get my butt kicked!!
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • Gingie
    you know im gonna have to go google that now...

lol
    :-)
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    Thats cool!

I'd like to ask her how she is getting over her injury (broken leg/ankle at the end of last season) and does she have any advice on getting over injuries? Also does she ever suffer from fear before riding, and if so what are her techniques of getting over it and getting on with it?

delightfully dangerous!
  • Gingie
    Hey Danielle,

Thanks for your questions! Head funk is definitely something i suffer from too, so tips on getting over 'the fear' are going to be really useful for a lot of us- good thinking :-)

So pleased that people are asking questions, its great to get answers for your questions from someone in the know.

The interview will probably be taking place within the next week or two, depending on Helen's schedule so there's plenty of time to get some more questions in.
  • Gingie
    Update!

The interview's been done!

http://www.girlmtnbiker.com/?p=219

We just need to transcribe it!

Should be with you within the next week :D